2 Stroke Oil Mix at the Gas Pump

DuctTapedGoat

Local time
10:51 PM
I think it's a good idea, all that's not in the pic is velcro strips to secure it to the frame. It's a sucky picture, but it's the basic idea of it.

picture.php

Simple enough to operate - just depress the syringe while you're pumping your gas into your tank.

Ideas, comments, suggestions?

I buy cheap spices at wall mart they come in a small re-sealable plastic bottle.
They hold enough oil for two tankfulls I have them marked at the proper level for one tankful .
Use them then toss them.
No big deal if someone steals them.

I am guessing that you are wanting to make something that attaches to the gas nose, so while you are pumping, you are mixing at the same time sounds like a really great idea. Like an attachment so you don't have to buy it then mix it, although I thought you were supposed to mix it, then pour it, or does it matter. You would need an efficient way to close off both ends of the tube when not in use, cause of the run off.

Well, at the rate gas flows from the pump, if the oil was injected into the stream it should be enough between just the fast flow through the tube and hitting the inside of the tank to where you wouldn't need to carry a gas tank. Granted the picture it looks huge, but when making it I'd make it as small as possible without losing the functionality.

Good call about capping it off. Something styled like those water bottles with straws caps would be enough.

For the tube I was thinking PVC, and the syringe you might could get at a prescription place. You might could get a piece of PVC with Threads on each ends plus stops the would fit. And with the threads being on the outside of the pipe it wouldn't interfear with the gas pump nose. The reason I say PVC ends is because wouldn't Plastic bottle caps break easy or break down over time.

not sure... but something like this may be illegal in some states, maybe all.

If you do end up using something like this... be very aware of the vapors coming out of both ends... highly combustible by simple things like static electricity.

I like the idea about the wal mart spice bottles.

SBP sells a MixMizer, which is the syringe already ratioed out, so that parts easy.

All of those laws relate to storage, not delivery.

That would be something to think about when choosing what material to use for a delivery tube.

If it seemed to pose a major risk, I could laminate the delivery tube with static bags. Even, I could run a wire hoop through the delivery tube and have an alligator clip to clip onto the frame to ground it.

You have proposed a mixing devise with a variable potential of mixture. To me, a bad idea. You are better off with known quanities.

Well, it would be a known quantity. There is a ticker on the pump showing more exact amounts than your average daily gas can, and if used in conjunction with a syringe that is already got ratio increments listed, I really don't see how it's an "unknown quantity".

LOL, my girlfriend would kill me if I put two stroke in her turkey baster. ;)

Back