2 stroke stealth mods?

A Rock Solid Engines reed valve intake system will also noticeably reduce intake noise, not to mention boosting low and midrange torque - a win, win situation.

Please can you tell me what temperature should the hose be rated to? None that I'm finding for sale are rated to anywhere near 400 Celcius so I really don't know which hoses are suitable. Is a rating of 200 Celcius sufficient?

The hose i purchased was rated to 260 degrees Celsius, which was the maximum i could find. That said, the hose installed on my bike has lasted over a year and it's still soft and flexible, although it has discoloured from clear to a light brown.

The hose i purchased was rated to 260 degrees Celsius, which was the maximum i could find. That said, the hose installed on my bike has lasted over a year and it's still soft and flexible, although it has discoloured from clear to a light brown.

Thanks Fabian. I might as well get the 200C (black, fibre reinforced) hose I found if I don't find some 260C rated hose, can't hurt to try as it's only a few $ per metre so could even be replaced every few months if need be. :)

Look into straight through silencers. you can make one yourself for the intake and the exauhst. I made one quite simply by taking a tall boy cutting a hole in the bottom and sliding in a tube of chicken wire wrapped with 0000 steel wool. you can fit this to your stock pipe with a flexi hose and will not mess with the resistance of your stock pipe.

Thanks battery that's a good tip. I think I may have too many dimensional/clearance issues to be able to use a silencer like that, but it's certainly something to consider. :)

Thanks, this gives me a better idea of the type of tubing I would need to find, if I need such high temperature rating. So far this type of tubing I've only seen for sale here in much longer lengths which has been quite frustrating.
I will probably just try the cheap stuff and see how well it holds up, then try this if/when I find it's neccesary. :)

you could possibly try a short lenth of bx cable insulation. it is the old style spiral metal wire insulation. would have to be thick at least 3/4" or 19mm so you dont have restriction. also the direction of the tube would matter. it wont get too hot and has its own baffling. ;)

As far as exhaust goes, adding length and extra baffles is the best way to quiet an engine down. The biggest head turner about these things seems to be the way they look rather than they way they go though, so I would suggest making or having made a good vented frame fairing, say it's in the interest of aerodynamic efficiency and just about anyone will believe you.

Cutting gear chatter noise down is probably not necessary, a lot of regular push bikes make some chatter of their own anyway. Intake noise is probably a bigger issue, and a reed valve should cut that down sufficiently. Other than that the biggest head turner will be if you're going 30 miles an hour without touching the pedals, so don't do that if stealth is your aim.

Back