200 watt restrictor system

motorised bicycles days are definitely numbered now.

I agree. and they have been for some time, especially when the minimum amount of infringement notices is in excess of $2,000 for riding a motorised bicycle in Victoria.

A friend of mine (Victorian Highway Patrol Officer) has just sent me an email; reproduced below:

I have recently done a road safety engineering/audit course with vicroads, and am in the middle of the 'new' highway patrol course.

You won't be happy to hear that they want to change the default built-up area speed limit to 40 (some are even pushing for 30) and abolishing the 110 limit on federal interstate freeways.

Also lowering the .05 limit to .00 for ALL drivers is on the horizon as well.

It's completely moronic to reduce the speed limit outside of main roads to 30 k/ph (18 mph), even the greatest fool knows that, but you can guarantee this new emphasis on the 30 k/ph speed limit is due to the big push by local councils (having the law changed) to introduce a plethora of fixed speed cameras/photo cameras in residential areas, of which local councils will be able to pocket the money directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
forget about everything.

ditch the engines, the assistance.

start pedalling.

motorised bicycles days are definitely numbered now.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226726724241

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthre...013#post369013

and dont worry. this country is so anal that electric will be banned too.

Or go the other way, join an outlaw bikie gang, keep your motor, and start wearing colours so the police are scared of you when you ride passed :p

Also to Fabian, with any luck the recently elected http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au/ (got a seat in the recent federal election and looking to get state seats in the next state election too) will have somthing to say about these rediculess new draconian laws they keep thinking up (and hope they can actaully do something about it)

my take on bikie gangs?

a motorcycle is a solitary creation, maybe two people, but basically, a machine for sole personal pleasure.

if you want to hang out in a gang, just hire a minibus...

and take the muffler off maybe :)

looks like i will have to become a member of the "Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party", then fight to have a larger capacity limit and higher power limit made available for motorised bicycles.

Their website explains policies and whatnot, lots of great stuff on there

The only problem is they are concentrating on "motorists" and we are trying to convince the police our bikes are not motor vehicles but merely motor assisted bicycles lol!

big issues as i see it.

most people that become "motorised bicycle enthusiasts" are forced to do so due to loss of car license.
the rest seem to be teenage boys.

my apologies to those of us that just like sticking engines on bikes for self satisfaction or money :)

but. i tend to agree with the idea of a license or rego, and at the same time i disagree.

i feel that the lycra clad W4nkers that ride down narrow winding main roads with bad visibility during peak hour should be shot. same goes for taking up two of three lanes at the same time...peak hour.

if you want to ride your $10K bike and flex your gluteus maximus in our faces, go ride on a nice quiet road where there arent people with jobs going to work.

give them the licenses. the people that ride through red lights in the inner city, and lean on your car bonnet...

even saw some idiot the other day, instead of just stopping and waiting a minute, had to cross two lanes from the median strip to kerb, right in front of a freaking tanker! judging by the way the brakes squealed, he was empty...thankfully. i wont comment on the cyclists age or race.

but what about the family with four kids? amazing they even got the brats away from the TV or puter or whatever... give em a medal :)

so. any "motorists rights" groups is going to instantly frown on motorised bikes as being a symbol of what happens when you misbehave.

pedalling is for excercise, a warranted cause.

motors are for lazy people :)

they want their V8's and cheap fuel. and speed limits returned to what they were with the roads repaired properly instead of leaving the roads as they are and lowering the speed limits...

but maybe the idea of a license would make people think about the rules a lil more. doesnt have to cost much, doesnt have to be terribly hard to get. just has to be mandatory. like helmets have become. you can buy a helmet at kmart... :giggle:

consider it as an insurance policy. without it, youre liable for any and ALL damages, regardless.

and then some kind of rego on motorised bikes. relax on the strict mandates, bring it to say, 3hp max, but make sure they are of a road worthy nature. (no caliper brakes etc) if they arent inspected and insured, for a minimal annual fee, then once again...its your wallet that suffers if anything happens. you wont exactly get done for using it....just if you have an acco :)

doesnt qld still allow 50cc with no license?

same should go for normal bikes. thatll teach these kids to ride bmx with no brakes at all! (shudders)

Back