2004 Whizzer

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by uncle_punk13, Mar 28, 2007.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well,
    I just got a lead from Mike on a local fellow looking to sell a 2004 Whizzer wc-1 Pacemaker with 7 (That's right, SEVEN!) miles on it for 500.00...
    I called and am anxiously awaiting a call back...
    Too good to pass up, I can't believe it!

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

good luck
    that is a good deal :D :D

3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Here's a pic of one...
    8)

[​IMG]

4. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Hey AZ,
    I know! I couldn't believe my ears last night when I got the phone call about it. I really shouldn't but it's such a good deal, how can I pass it up?
    Granted it's the WC-1, so I'll have to eventually put the NE-5 top end on it for reliability. But hey, even in doing that, I figure I'll still be ahead on it...
    :evil:

5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

First thing I do is take off the carb and pull out the restrictor in the intake, then take out the baffle from the exhaust. That immediately jumps these babies up to doing around 30-35 M.P.H.
    hehehe...

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't know much about the difference between models, but that's about a grand++ less than new around here.

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Whizzers...what's the buzz?

I rode a 2006 Whizzer yesterday. 2 words.....WOW & WOW!!!
    Talk about smooth. The belt drives are silent. The auto-clutch is amazing....it still allows for pedal starts. I was at 30 mph easily with a bunch of throttle left. And brakes....the rear band brake, along with the front drum make all my combos of caliper rim-squeezers and coaster brakes seem cave man. And lights, man....real lights!!
    one more word...WOW!

Somebody, please talk me down....I'm about ready to jump. :D

Rif....thanks for the use of your thread.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Deep breath, count to three, exhale s-l-o-w-l-y through the nose.

9. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Fantastic! Good on ya mate!

Now tell us the difference between the WC-1 and the NE-5, please. :smile:
    Does NE-5 mean new engine type 5?

10. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

I'll give the guy 700. for it :cool:

11. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

funny thing...the guy wasn't selling. He just thought I'd get a kick outta riding it.
    I did!! :D

12. New edition Whizzer engine types

HI all, in '98 whizzer re-formed, new ownership, bought the rights from the origional (sucessful, diversified) company. They shipped an early Whizzer engine overseas to have it "remade". This will all new upgraded componentry. They called this first engine WC-1. There were a couple of oversights, since especially, they had not chosen the best orig type to send for patterning. From 99-very late 04 the WC-1 was produced, easily identified by the gap between the fins at rear of engine, and obvious intake snout from barrel to carb.
    Late 04 the "New Edition model 2005", was designed, addressing some valve-seat problems, overheating potential (25% more finning), breather and a few other improved ideas. It it thought, that if you run a wc1 unrestricted it will have a rather short upper end life. This was corrected in the NE5. There is also speed equiptment for ne5, along with the fact that NE top end direct bolts to the WC1.
    I make performance mufflers, have shaved heads, and alsosome Weber heads, and the BTR OHV setup. There isone guy who specializes in "race tuned" NE's also.........Mike

13. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Thanks Mike, well presented and very informative. :cool: