2005 NE-5 in the rain

jseilicki

Local time
9:12 AM
I'm new to this forum, and new to Whizzers. I have a mildly stupid question, my NE-5 doesn't accelerate at all in the wet, (snow or rain). I have looked everywhere for a solution but haven't seen a post about it. Please help me this is my only source of transportation

From what i understand its belt drive so with rain or any wet condition your belt slips best thing to do is make a cover or make the belt tighter in the end water + belt =no traction id watch out to youll cause exsesive heat and wear on your belt making to stretch or snap

From what i understand its belt drive so with rain or any wet condition your belt slips best thing to do is make a cover or make the belt tighter in the end water + belt =no traction id watch out to youll cause exsesive heat and wear on your belt making to stretch or snap
If your front belt is a FHP belt 4L290, replace with an AX27. The AX27 is designed to work with smaller pulleys [2.5" on flywheel], and has internal cords, whereas the cheap FHP belt stretches and runs hot. If you have the automatic clutch simply adjust front belt as tight as possible [you can't break it because the spring can't pull it tight enough to damage the belt].

Both belts should be tight to avoid slippage.

Have fun,

Thanks for the info/ideas. I just got a manual clutch kit in the mail and I'm going to use parts from it to tighten the belts further than they all ready are.

Mr. Guenther,

I have a question; is there a kit to convert my Whizzer from all belt drive to chain drive for wet weather drivability? Also do you still sell clutches for these bikes

Rear belts on a Whizzer never slip when adjusted correctly even when wet. Many motor bikers want to convert from chain to belt drive because of low maintenance, silent, and clean. If you convert to an automatic clutch you can tighten both belts so they never slip.

Yes I still make automatic clutches for both vintage and new edition Whizzers. They are 100% American made, have a one year warranty, and have shipped hundreds of them. Biggest problem is to keep up with demand, as it sells for about $60.00 more than the Taiwan version [90 day warranty $175.00 EBay], and is about 500 percent better [it actually works for thousands of trouble free miles].

We make it in 4 versions:
vintage 10 x 1 [for 26"]
vintage 8.5 x 1 [for 24" & 20"]
new edition 10 x 1 [26"]
new edition 8.5 x 1 [24"]
Have fun,

Back