2005 Whizzer NE 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Whizzer that is absolutely NOS. All of the assembly parts are still in the original bags. The front wheel is still attached to the frame with plastic ties. No gas or oil has ever been put in the bike. The bike is black. Sorry for not posting pics, but the bike is still under wraps in the back of the barn. Just take a look at the black 26" Whizzers and you will have it. bobgurkin@nc.rr.com or 919 821 4898

Well, they sold in the %1,400.00 range. How much are you offering?

Some 2005 Whizzers are rare and worth more money! The very first 2005 models had a 26 MM carburetor and a really great head design. The early 2005 were by far the fastest of all production bikes. Most exceeded 45 MPH right out of the box. Whizzer USA modified most of them [slowed them way down] and I purchased almost all the original 26 MM carburetors [none left]. The best way to identify the fast Whizzers is by the size of the carburetor [unless they were downsized], the head had a dull finish, and the ID plate on the frame shows a 2004 mfg date.

On the downside, the lifters MUST be replaced with mushroom versions right away as either the camshaft lobes will be trashed, or the lifters will wear very quickly. The 2005 also has the needle bearing in the sidecover, whereas the later models converted to a ball bearing side cover [not as good].

Have fun,

Guenther, My Whizzer has the 26mm carb and was one of the reasons why I purchased this particular bike. I appreciate you pointing out all of the defects with the bike. Thanks.

Hi Bob,

You have my favorite version of the NE Whizzer, and requires the least amount of upgrades. It is by far the fastest production motor, and has a lot more power than all other versions. The head is also rare and flows much better than later versions.

You have a rare bike and should be worth more than the average NE.

Have fun,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back