2009 Top 10 Beaches....Can I suggest a contest?

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by bamabikeguy, May 22, 2009.

?

One of those Top 10 beaches is

Poll closed Jul 21, 2009.
  1. Less than 50 miles away

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. It's between 50-150 miles to the ocean

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. More than 150 miles, a two day event

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I'm a landlubber or hillbilly

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Friday is grocery day, I picked up today's paper, and I caught an article in section C:

1. Hanalei Bay, on Kauai, Hawaii
    2. Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Fla.
    3. Coopers Beach in Southampton, N.Y., on Long Island
    4. Coronado Beach in San Diego
    5. Hamoa Beach in Maui, Hawaii
    6. Main Beach in East Hampton, N.Y., on Long Island
    7. Cape Hatteras in Outer Banks, N.C.
    8. Cape Florida State Park in Key Biscayne, Fla.
    9. Coast Guard Beach on Cape Cod, Mass.
    10 Beachwalker Park on Kiawah Island, S.C.

More of the article....
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-best-beaches,0,3047362.story

All of those beaches are out of my reach, but not out of the MBquestion.

So I was thinking, why not have a contest, see who can reach one of the Top 10 first, or how fast we can compile MBpix of all 10, possibly by the end of the summer? Just get your bike and a sign in the same picture frame.

There are no rules, we give praise to whoever rides the furthest to reach one, who has the most breakdowns on their quest, who hits 4-5 just for the heck of it.....even the biggest group to hit one beach at the same time.

If you are looking for a target, Dr. Leatherman has tested the water for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Ocean Park.

3. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Coast Guard Beach, CC is an easy one for me but I have to chuckle a little when I see one of Dr. Beach's criteria is "safety".

I've seen that place howl.
    beach.jpg

4. seanhan

seanhan Member

The #1 beach in the world is on the island of NEVIS BWI ( British West Indies)
    I Love it there, It's unspolied only 1 hotel, The four seasons and you better has a truckload of cash to stay there.

5. kitcarguy

kitcarguy Member

2. Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Fla

This is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from me

6. Waterfowl

Waterfowl MBc-Sponsor

#7 Cape Hatteras Outer Banks NC.

I live there. Can't get any closer than that!

7. one percenter

one percenter New Member

Worlds Best Beach

Hello People, this is, easily, the worlds best beach. Its on the Tasmanian East Coast, within a National Park and cannot be accessed by car, thereby reducing the number, and type, of visitors, and mostly when we go there, its deserted. The white sand, and warm australian east coast current, make this place truly memorable. It can be accessed by boat tour from Coles Bay, or walked to, over a spectacular track in about 30 mins. All up, about 2 hours from Hobart. :cool:

Attached Files:

8. seanhan

seanhan Member

Hey

I think Aussies should be excluded from this poll
    We all know they have the best beaches in the world...
    nothing beats the Great Barrier !!!!
    :jester:

9. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

That pic #3 really is interesting....I guess the Tasmans can create a special scoring system, if they can roll an MB up the walking path !!

10. fredie

fredie Member

aussie beaches rate :jester:

11. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

My friend 5-7 Heaven and I are blessed with many great beaches to ride to, I have one less than 5 miles away from my house. But #1 would take either a set of pontoons, or a big snorkel to make. It is a different Island :)

12. scotto-

scotto- Member

West coast USA & both coasts in Oz

Well since 7 out of 10 are on the East coast and 2 others on an island...that leaves me just one choice, Coronado. That's just 10 miles down the road, but not my cup of tea. From La Jolla up, all the way to the San Juan Islands is my kinda beach. 1,100miles of beach after beautiful...it's really just one huge beach, with everything, including nice COLD water (and a few oil spills).

And my other pick for top beaches would be the East and the West coasts of Australia...2 more huge 1,000 mile plus long beaches.:cool:

13. tjs323626

tjs323626 Member

I would vote for the beaches of the Olympic National park:

If the beauty doesn't take your breath away the cold water will.

Attached Files:

14. G-Superior

G-Superior Member

A international list

When i when to brazil 4 years ago it was just awsome!My dads family lives there and my mons family lives in portugal which is also a really nice place but the waters are not as warm as in brazil :( my grandma lives in an apartment next to the beach!:tt1:
    and i also have some more places im my list i can visit such as Italy(my grandma is from italy but she moved to portugal but she stil has family there where i can stay) and my grandad is from france and my other grandma is from spain and i also have lots of family living there now

Brazil
    England
    Portugal
    Frace
    Spain
    I got to admit that I have a nice international list there! :D

G-Superior:D