2010 East Coast Rally at Cape Henlopen (Lewes) Delaware

I called the Red Mill Inn for pricing, and it is $70 per night (plus $10 for pets).
They have very good availability for that weekend as of right now.

It's fun for everyone to stay at the same place because we always have a big party & chat time at the hotel Saturday evening.

You are surely right that it is easier to get together if everyone stays at the same place. But I am coming with my wife and I know what she will like, which is the Beacon. We will be arriving about noon Friday and staying until Sunday afternoon.

But I would like to participate in events as much as possible. I am new at motor biking and have never met another motor biker or seen one of their builds. I am excited about the opportunity.

Event T-Shirts?

I'm looking into having event t-shirts made. At a previous rally a local dubbed us "The Lewes Motorbike Gang", so I was thinking of having that put on the shirts.
From the supplier I'm looking at we could do white t-shirts for around $10 each (XXL is $2.99 more), grey t-shirts for around $13 each (also $2.99 extra for XXL) or black for around $15 each (plus $2.99 for XXL).
Below is a mock up of the design in black. It can be ordered in any of the three colors, but there might be cost savings if we all order the same color.
Any interest?

Attachments

• LewesMotorbikeGang.jpg
    LewesMotorbikeGang.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 188
We had the "People's Choice Award" and the "Greatest Distance Travelled" award. I'd like to have a few more for this year, but I'm having brain lock and can't come up with much. Does anyone out there have any ideas for award categories?

"Heritage Award" For most authentic period bike (costume for rider also)
"Custom Award" For outstanding customization (paint, modifications, etc)
"Ambassador Award" To the person who has done an outstanding Job promoting the Hobby and Event.

Just a few off the top of my head. Really wish that I could make it, but I will have an extra week vacation next year so I will start planning now to make it.

PS: Do I have to attend to buy a T-Shirt? If not put me down for one same style as Jim.

Last edited:
"Heritage Award" For most authentic period bike (costume for rider also)
"Custom Award" For outstanding customization (paint, modifications, etc)
"Ambassador Award" To the person who has done an outstanding Job promoting the Hobby and Event.

Just a few off the top of my head. Really wish that I could make it, but I will have an extra week vacation next year so I will start planning now to make it.

PS: Do I have to attend to buy a T-Shirt? If not put me down for one same style as Jim.

Thanks for the help regarding award categories. Much appreciated.
Regarding the shirt, you don't have to attend to buy one. Unfortunately the vendor doesn't offer them with pockets.
I'm doing a redesign, as one of the attendees says it should say "Third Annual Motorized Bicycle Rally". Working with my online template, I barely had room to work all of that in on two lines (which is all they allow for the event name). He also thought the motorcycle should not be there, but I'm limited as to the designs Vistaprint offers.
I have two new proofs below. Let's see which one is the more popular.

Attachments

• LewesMotorbikeGang2.jpg
    LewesMotorbikeGang2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 192
  • LewesMotorbikeGang3.jpg
    LewesMotorbikeGang3.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 189
Back