2012 Pacific Stratus Motorized Bicycle

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by jacksbike, Jul 28, 2012.

1. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Bought a Stratus - Has a small inside area for the engine components - Had to modify the spark plug and bend the left foot crnk out a little. Still need to make an intake filter - surprisingly this will not need a tension wheel - its like perfect. - The new engine kits being sold seems a little less well made than the ones 2 years ago.
    update: added pics of the spark plug mod (you unscrew the cap and screw in an eyelet). - The air filter was too big - so removed the guts and mounted. - Got her started after replacing w a new spark plug - one this came with was some real junk...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

2. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

3. wan37

wan37 Member

Hey jack if you want more room and a regular spark plug wire and cap just turn the head around and use a z tube intake for the carb....hope this helps

4. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

DSC00177.jpg DSC00180.jpg Thats ok - Got the idea for the eyelet from model T spark plugs - Got the kit for 142 bucks - couldnt pass it up. Seen some buy it nows on ebay in the 130's... I still have to true up the back wheel on the new one..

5. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Couldnt true up the back wheel for nuthin - the more I tried the worse it got and more frustrating it got... soooo made a rear wheel out of a front wheel - see new post... - now I can actually ride it..

6. BonusParts

BonusParts New Member

I like the build, and actually have a suggestion that may suit you to clear some space around the plug.

Cross the number at an autoparts store or online, because we got a low profile NGK for the first bike i built and it saves a solid 1.5" over a tall plug like that. Not that we were tight on space, but I like things compact.

7. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Hi - thanks -- everybbuild is different.. thats for sure.. soooo ahhh what kind of plug you using... NGK what? ... thx

8. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Hi - thanks -- everybbuild is different.. thats for sure.. soooo ahhh what kind of plug you using... NGK what? ... thx - actually one dude just said flip head around... but I'd like to know what plug you are using... mine does not cross reference...

9. BonusParts

BonusParts New Member

ill ask my buddy to look the bike is at his house

[​IMG]

if you notice its a slant head, and sits unmodified at the same or lower height

10. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

DSC00210.jpg DSC00211.jpg DSC00212.jpg
    Shown is the modified air cleaner, the spark plug... also back section is made from a piece of painted 2x4 wood and the brackets off of some shop lights. The rear wheel is actually made from a front wheel !!

11. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Here is the everyday ride for shopping and taking packages to post office... I carry a well equipped tool kit, and inntertubes and misc parts...
    =======================
    DSC00213.jpg DSC00214.jpg DSC00215.jpg

12. wan37

wan37 Member

jack that was I who said turn the head around it gives you a lot more room to take plug out.Well here's the best ngk plug I think most used on theses ngk B6HS.

13. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Cool - was checking out the search and found the plugs last week on the site here. I'll go check out the plug this week - just dont know how the tip is - hopefully its the same kind of tip - if not I guess have to modify something... ha - thx wan37

14. wan37

wan37 Member

The plugs got a screw on tip like most of them,you can get them at o'reily auto parts store.If you turn your head around you can just use a regular old style plug wire a 90 degree boot on the end.Then you can un screw the wire in the cdi box,and screw the new wire back in.This site has a lot of people that can help you just ask .

15. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Thats what I was gonna check to see if the tip unscrewed... if not just use a die to make threads... or grind it. - Dont like to ask questions - keep seeing comments like "wish people would use the search first before asking questions" - so I just go with the flow - but guess it would be monotonous replying to the same thing over and over... not ready to remove the head - then it would be new gaskets... trying to keep costs low as possible until really have no other choice.. thx dude!!