212cc predators $70 free ship

This is a fake listing, not sure what's going on with the guy but I've seen plenty eBay scams in the past.

The photo he used is from a minibike site and the photo was posted back in 2014 by a user. This is found through Google's search by image option.

Also sold a large hardwood workbench (the kind harbor freight sells) and the buyer commented he lied about shipping, sold the table for 100 but it would cost at least that much to ship.

Avoid.

Thanks for the heads up. How do you fake 30 buyers in the last 3 days? I guess ebay will be issuing a lot of refunds.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. How do you fake 30 buyers in the last 3 days?
When you have enough time to plan ahead it's easy. Likely a group of crooks with multiple accounts. Been done before and it's very effective. Unfortunately you can't backtrack on ebay to the buyers themselves, I'd bet if you could they would be marked with numerous buys of all sorts of random crap.

There's also a spike in random very low priced sales on that engine by users with 0 feedback, marked as being sold from Connecticut to California.

I think you should buy one and let us know how it all worked out for you.

Well if that ad is BS I wish admin would just delete this thread.

Well if that ad is BS I wish admin would just delete this thread.
Not too fast, give the ebay peeps time to sort it out and we'll see, I just felt obligated to say my "gut feeling."

I know for a fact eBay will reimburse anyone who's a victim of a scam but I don't like seeing people's time wasted nor do I want crooks to get help, but I do want honest sellers to be able to sell items reliably and easily, just like I'd want if it were me doing the selling. The unfortunate part is the people who do this are either laundering money (aka: not a scam so to speak, as the target isn't to steal people's money rather take stolen or fraud money and throw it through the eBay system and make it next to impossible to trace) or they are skim scamming, which is just selling a bunch of product (he sold at least 30 at 70 a pop which is over 2 grand) and waiting just long enough for funds to clear, then pulling what they can from the account before ebay realizes it was a scam and holds the remaining money in the account(s).

Sometimes, though rarely, it's a full on scam but generally speaking its either fake/counterfeit merchandise or just random pop shots at selling an item with the intent of never shipping and hoping to get lucky with a not very impatient buyer.

The random accounts that have several years under the belt are commonly hacked unused accounts that hackers find by luck and decide to sell. Or they are just one of the many many that long haul scammers create as needed tools for their future scams.

Seeing it is an older account it's probable that it was a hacked account from some random email address that a bot broke into by chance or a random account created years ago by somebody who either needed or sells untraceable accounts. Who knows for sure.

Back