22mm Throttle Assembly Help

RusticoRay

Local time
4:31 AM
I tried for a while now to get my 08 ne5 to run halfway decent but I toke suggestions on adjusting air and idle screws no good, it sputters at low throttle. I took throttle body apart to put needle at the second notch and cannot remember how to put back together. Some things should be left to professionals. I adjusted needle to the second notch but there is a v shaped clip the ends are bent around in a half circle that goes on top of the throttle valve somewhere it attaches to the spring. A picture or drawing would be worth a millon. I cant drive the bike yet 3 more weeks in a sling but as long as theres no snow and I can get it back together Im riding.

I'll try to help.
When you put the needle back into the slide, the clip goes into the slide next. It lays on top of the clip on the needle to hold the needle in place. Next put the slide back into the carb. Make sure you put it in the right way. The slide must close off the opening through the carb. Next put the spring into the carb on top of the V shaped clip and compress it down so you can screw the top of the carb back on. I hope this helps.

Jim

Thanks for your help. So the V shape clip sits in top of throttle valve and rest on both sides of C clip that holds the needle and then the pressure from the spring prevents the needle from moving. If I put slide back into carb then the spring and compress it how do I get the throttle cable attached? No stupid questions I hope.

Hi again
The throttle cable get connected to the slide after the needle and clip are in place. This is the hardest part of the assembly procedure. You have to slide the spring onto the cable and then compress it so you have enough of the cable to lock into the slide. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to help you understand what I'm trying to say. Hope this helps you.
Jim

Thanks Jim,
Yes very tricky indeed I think I got it. Ill have to wait till tomorrow to run it, just hope the second notch smothes it out. It has the #88 jet and is still got the full restriction maybe that will be next. Trying one thing at a time.

Glad you got it together. Did you use the second notch from the top or bottom?
Jim

I believe opening the restrictor will help too but I'm not sure you want to mess with that while it's still under warranty.

Last edited:
It was on the middle notch I moved it up one, second from the top. If the warranty meens what I went threw with the auto clutch( the new one I had to wait for looked like it was recycled a dozen times). I think Ill get rid of the restrictor.

Hello,
I started this morning ran like before. So I went on with the warranty thing Unibit instead of Dremil 18mm looked good put back together. I got it running but with idle way to high would not idle any lower without stalling ran it around the block. High end was good 30 mph but when I got back it just wont idle. I took off the air filter rubbed my finger inside and it was alittle wet. The air screw is 1/2 turn out any more and it just dies. The idle is at 2 1/8 out. I have to give it a little throttle to keep it running. I read up on the air screw being at 1 - 1 1/2 turns out get motor to run warm of course and adjust one way or the other to high point then on to the Idle screw to idle at 1200 - 2000 rpm. Plug not carboned looks white a the tip. Do ya think the 82 or 85 jet would be my salvation? Or something else to look at
Thanks in advance

My 22mm carb had a very small pilot jet. It made the same problem with the air bleeder screw.
1/2 turn was all I could jet it to or it would not run. I ordered a new stock pilot jet and everything else started to fall into place. I believe I ended up with an 86 main jet.

Jim

Back