22mm Whizzer Carb Leaking Gas out of overflow

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by koolwhizzer, Apr 11, 2011.

1. koolwhizzer

koolwhizzer Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Guys,
    Just when you think you seen it all. I have been working on new and old whizzers for some time now. I rebuild engines and build motorbikes and never ran across this. I have a NE-5 whizzer motorbike that leaks gas out of the overflow. I took apart the 22mm carb, cleaned it up and set the float level, it still leaks out the overflow. I put on another carb a new one and that one leaks the same. I took it apart and set everything and guess what, you guessed it it leak as well. I went and got another 22mm carb, mind you this is the third new carb and same thing. I must be going crazy here??? Is it possible that the tank is not venting properly and the build up in pressure is overcoming the carb needle and seat?? Just a thought. Please let me know if any of you guys ran accoss this. Thought i seen it all. Plezz HELP......

2. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

The cap not venting correctly is nothing new to the Whizzer. My 2000 needed to have a small vent hole added in the plastic vent system in the cap. I'm not sure if enough pressure can be built up to cause the leaking though. It's a Whizzer so how knows what can happen?

Jim

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011