22mm Whizzer Carb Leaking Gas out of overflow

koolwhizzer

Local time
2:48 AM
Hi Guys,
Just when you think you seen it all. I have been working on new and old whizzers for some time now. I rebuild engines and build motorbikes and never ran across this. I have a NE-5 whizzer motorbike that leaks gas out of the overflow. I took apart the 22mm carb, cleaned it up and set the float level, it still leaks out the overflow. I put on another carb a new one and that one leaks the same. I took it apart and set everything and guess what, you guessed it it leak as well. I went and got another 22mm carb, mind you this is the third new carb and same thing. I must be going crazy here??? Is it possible that the tank is not venting properly and the build up in pressure is overcoming the carb needle and seat?? Just a thought. Please let me know if any of you guys ran accoss this. Thought i seen it all. Plezz HELP......

The cap not venting correctly is nothing new to the Whizzer. My 2000 needed to have a small vent hole added in the plastic vent system in the cap. I'm not sure if enough pressure can be built up to cause the leaking though. It's a Whizzer so how knows what can happen?

Jim

Last edited:
Back