26" Cruiser centerstand is there a preferance?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25783
  • Start date
Steve, Having ordered one you will soon find out. As a mechanical engineer I will do a full evaluation.
Tom from Rubicon

IMG_20160319_110832.jpg
IMG_20160319_110734.jpg
IMG_20160319_110712.jpg
IMG_20160319_110734.jpg
IMG_20160319_110712.jpg
IMG_20160319_110758.jpg
I haven't found a center stand yet that will hold your weight and support you while starting, I've bought several, from EBay, Amazon , Gasbike even Mzmiami , they all need to have notches cut so that it retracts upward far enough and additional welding and bracing added
IMG_20160319_110734.jpg

Dave,
I very much like your bracing The one I purchased M-Wave -Double is OK, but the lower part of the legs is at best polyethylene. They do function as well as I expected. That said, I have my own machine shop and at some point will fabricate stronger lower legs. Coincidentally the Huffy Davidson rider that brought me into this interest called tonight to find out the source of my center stand. He built a 212cc Predator Huffy Davidson, and to date (1 Month) all is well but the Huffy kick stand keeps bending. Gee I wonder why?
Take care Forumites until I post again. And I do appreciate all the input.
Tom

Just to let you know, as you may already see that the M-wave has weak lowers. The lowers broke on me within a few hours of use, and they had a tendency to lose adjustment.

I returned to amazon and got

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LNLXML4/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to hold stronger and much more convenient folding for a mountain bike frame.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Comandoriv,
Thanks for the reply. I did look at the BV foldable, it just sort of weirded me out that both legs fold to one side.
As said in a earlier post I have a machine shop. A Sheldon lathe, Bridgeport mills, Grob 18'' bandsaw, and much more.
I appreciate your endorsement of the BV kickstand as my buddy with the 212cc Huffy Davidson will want to know.
Tom

The design is peculiar to say the least, I typically see the kickstand as more than just something to hold the bike up, I see it as an embellishment. I like to design my bikes for comfort, style and durability While trying to be ever so mindful of originality.
I am currently working on 3 bike builds and I feel that even if I was working on a dozen that I still wouldn't have the urge to use this design.

David,
Snooped around your website, interesting and impressive. The Monarch fairy is a masterpiece of metaphors.

Today I gave my Huffy Davidson 212cc co-worker the two options as seen on Amazon. It will be interesting to hear what he thinks. I still think the M-Wave with replacement metal lowers to be the most effective center stand design because of adjustability and wider footprint.
Tom

Back