26" front chrome wheel with drum brake

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Dave Beck, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Dave Beck

Dave Beck New Member

Guys and Gals, I am looking for a 26 inch front wheel (chrome) that will handle a 26 X 2.125 tire with a drum brake setup. I would like to find a new one if possible. I have read the threads and only find hubs etc. Anyone sell a complete ready to go wheel minus tire and tube?

Thanks for any and all help,
    Dave Beck
    580-243-9008 cell

2. mickey

mickey Guest

I believe the Wheelmaster, one of our members, can build anything that you want

RATRODER Guest

Dave look at huskybicycles.com in parts. louis
  4. KanesKustoms

KanesKustoms Member

5. Dave Beck

Dave Beck New Member

I will be calling Workmans tomorrow, sonds like they have just what I need they also have a drum brake rear if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the help guys,
  6. If I had some money I'm all over that but since I don't maybe I'll read up on spoking my own rims. My rear rim needs replacing again (#3 now). Since I'm poor it's back for the 15 dollar garage sale finds. It's nice to have all these bike parts and frames,but they are missing rear rims!
  7. Stryker

Stryker Guest

does that drum hold up a little better ?
  8. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Dave, Did you get the wheels you were looking for from Worksman? Which rear wheel did you get, drum or coaster? Did they have them in chrome? Let us know how they work out.
  9. KanesKustoms

KanesKustoms Member

Yes did you get what you needed??
  10. Dave Beck

Dave Beck New Member

Well guys I got them ordered, will be a while before I receive them, I got the drum front, and coaster rear. They have the heavy spokes, 11mm I think? they are chrome.

I will give you an update once I receive them.

11. Stryker

Stryker Guest

Nice, I was thinking of using a front drum, they look beefy. I look forward to your update. pics would be great
  12. KanesKustoms

KanesKustoms Member

way cool Dave if its the same one I got you will be pleased with the stopping power it has.
  13. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

I have a front drum brake on the 1950 Columbia I'm restoring. I won't take a chance riding anything with an engine without front a brake. I have been so interested in my Whizzer that I have neglected the Columbia project. Let us know how you make out with the Worksman wheels.

14. Dave Beck

Dave Beck New Member

Well guys and gals don't get in to big of a hurry when you order from workman. I call friday and checked to see if my order had been shipped. I ordered it early last monday morning. They said it would not ship out until this coming wednesday and that I would probably recieve it the following monday. So at least 2 weeks for wheels as they have to make them up when ordered.

I will keep you posted when I recieve them.

15. Dave Beck

Dave Beck New Member

Finally fot the wheels, they are extra heavy duty! I am pleased with the quality of the wheel and brake, they back ordered my springer front so can't put them on yet will give you another update once they are on and I have a chance to try them out.

16. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Please post pics when u have everything setup.
  17. h0tr0d

h0tr0d Member

Any new info on the wheels? Did your springer come in yet?
  18. Dave Beck

Dave Beck New Member

Got the bike finished. runs and rides great. Brakes are excellent. I have pics. posted in the gallery.

Thanks for the help guys and gals,
    Dave Beck