2nd build huffy Cranbrook

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Zackiriyah, May 19, 2015.

1. Zackiriyah

Zackiriyah Member

https://imageshack.com/i/pafcfeEIj
    Still a work in progress.eventually going to uugrade to a Skyhawk in built gas tank frame with a springer fork.but also looking around for a tricycle conversation kit or going to make one as I need to carry large stuff around .and my dogs may want to go on a journey with me for the rides as they used to on my first build

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I'm fond of the Cranbrook for this job. Not everyone agrees, you'll find. But I say they're good.

You could consider a cheap trailer for your dogs.

3. RumblingV8

RumblingV8 Member

Built mine from the same bike. Don't know how you live with those bars, i find them to be very uncomfortable. Looks good to me otherwise, and i see you got rid of the crappy pedals. :)

I have a springer on mine as well, unless you really feel like fiddling, get one with provisions for a brake already on it.

4. bikejock

bikejock Member

I was thinking of a trike conversion build someday but I hear trikes are kinda hard to drive at higher speeds.

I'm also thinking about a springier fork at some point because some roads around my town are pretty rough. Some roads have been repaved but a good amount of roads still go unattended. One reason my other non motorized bike is a mountain bike.

I got a triple tree fork that feels pretty solid on my cruiser but going over bumps or potholes could be disastrous at certain speeds.