3 levels for speed selection

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by nsideus, May 15, 2009.

1. nsideus

nsideus Guest

2. spad4me

spad4me Member

Vaporware.
    I have seen similar ads they usually include the standard kit but this one comes with a seperate three speed shifter attachment. A handle only LOL.
    This is not a shift kit but BS.

This is why I am calling this BS.
    From their site Quote 3-Speed Clutch Lever ----3 levels for speed selection. Easy to shift gears! Unquote LOL.

Sick bike parts , and the scooter guy are still the only one's that sell a shift kit.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

The 3 speed shifter is used to engage and disengage the clutch.

4. artik

artik New Member

I have this

Its not a shift kit, it IS a shifter, but its origionally designed for the front derailer of the bike. The cool thing about using this as a clutch lever is that it automatically locks your clutch so you don't have to hold it, can be a little bumpy though when letting it out. Its just a miscommunication. Its just a brake and a 2 lever shifter in one part. **** part is, if the clutch cable brakes or anything, its close to impossible to replace. I do NOT recommend this product (just the one item). The large frame kit is awesome though and the throttle brake looks nice, I just perfer a standard brake lever.

5. John-Forrest

John-Forrest Member

I have been looking at the same thing. It gave me the impression that there are actually 3 separate gears in clutch. From the above, I am assuming this is not quite true.

6. roughrider504

roughrider504 Member

You can change the cable in those shifters, those shifters came on my mountain bike. I don't see how it would be good to use as a clutch lever, you would always have to pedal up to speed before you engaged the clutch.

A dual cable lever is a much better option anyway.

7. bigdan

bigdan Member

I use a shimano 3 speed click shifter. "Click on click off". I like it a lot. I'm used to being able to feather the clutch like you can on a motor cycle or a car. So, for me, it is a little different having the clutch either "on" or "off" But I like it a lot better than having two levers for my left hand: one for brake and one for clutch.

I've never had to replace my cable but there's no reason why it would be hard. At least not any harder than replacing a front derailleur cable

That's how you start these engines. You have to be moving about 5 MPH. and then engage the clutch. Well, unless you've got a pull start or something. How else would you start your bike? I know there's no way I could start mine from a stand still.

8. bseelbach

bseelbach New Member

I am using the 3 speed grip shifter for a clutch and it works great. The bike came with grip shifters and I took off the front derailer so it seemed logical. Using the grip shift cleans up the bars alot since you now only have 2 brake levers. I see that they sell them at 3 speed shifters but it really is just a gear shifter for a bike. If you shift slow, you may get 2 speeds + neutral but all it really is doing is making the clutch slip.

FYI- for cables, Wally world or Big K sell a bike repair kit that comes with 2 shift cables and 2 brake cables for $5. I use the brake cables for throttle and shift cables for clutch.