30$$ expansion chamber?

tacotyler

Local time
6:17 PM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is not a good pipe because it doesn't allow you to set the header distance correctly. To get the right length you have to start with a long header, maybe 14", using automotive tubing which sometimes only lasts one run since the heat eats it up. Keep shortening it between high speed runs till it won't go any faster. (You have to have a speedometer.) That is the correct length in harmony with the engine porting. All the available pipes are racing pipes and will give better performance than the standard pipe when used with a reed valve. Without reed valve I would stick to the stock pipe and just put an intake extender on. Just as much power and a lot quieter. The racing pipes are killing our reputation since they are so loud, even with a silencer. Imagine riding a motocross bike on the streets. If you want one then try this one, buy a Rock Solid reed valve, Cut the converging cone in half and weld in an extender (as shown on my site) to turn the peaky power into wide range power, weld shut the end stinger and make a belly stinger as is shown on my site, make a decent silencer as is shown on my site.

thank u for all the info, my bike is all stock, i want to get the best performance, so i am thinking just to get a rt carb and filter from dax, rt cable, better hardware kit from SBP, and better conducting spark plug wire/cap, and stay with the stock pipe i am thinking about removing the internals of the pipe i think its called the baffle? all the cadilitic converter crap, if i am not pleased then i will just save up for the SBP expansion chamber

on another note about how much fuel/miles do u all get? i dont think you really get 150 i am getting about 50? then again

O and what with the intake extender? isnt closer to the head better? i think a offset intake so i can fit the rt would be good

thanks again for the info

Last edited:
If "you aren't pleased" you will get the SBP pipe without a reed valve and then write back to me saying I was right and how totally unhappy you are with the performance and the noise. Unless you are some kind of hillbilly that likes making noise.
The internals of the stock pipe are fine, don't gut them. (more hillbilly theology) No power increase is had by that, only noise.
What people think should be right goes right into the garbage can when tests prove what is right, such as using an intake extender.

i ment to say the pipe and reeds my bad. so i should get a intake extender to go with a rt carb?

Hey there Tac,

You'll love RT from Dax. The extender will really help your lower end torque as well.............

Glen

Guys, this is a very good example of how they mark up the prices 100+%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Fabian

Glen

Back