30cc's = 40mph

dchevygod

Local time
7:31 PM
I still haven't fixed my weak spoke problem but I wass bored today and took the motobecane for a ride. The gps was on in my pocket, cruising it will do 25 without breaking a sweat. If I pedal continuously I can get it cranked up to 40.26 miles an hour and then lean down and stop pedaling it will maintain that speed. I can't seem to find a wheelbuilder here locally so I am thinking really hard about getting the HD wheel from gebe, but it is $130 and id want a new sheave installed by the guys at gebe so another $40 plus shipping will be almost $200! I could order the 12g spokes I need and lace it myself but I'm not sure if I trust myself that much lol. Anyway the engine is strong despite the fact I need to modify the coil a bit so I can get the proper gap. I should have gotten a 13t pulley instead of my spare 15t. I run a 14t atm and it draggs bad on take off so the 15t will be for a higher powered engine " cy460r". I'm not sure if changing the pinion to a 13 would affect speed at all I don't think my motor is revving all the way.

That's an impressive engine - 30cc's = 40mph

Thanks man. I built it from the cases to carb. Some new some used parts but all around IM happy. I know what the only issues are and its all easily fixed or replaced. I could get a coil relocator kit but I think i can just dremel out my coil mount holes to get the gap down where it needs to be. The symptoms are just a high idle and finicky starting when hot.

Looks like i'm going to be air freighting my motor to your door step so you can rebuild the thing - for a small fee.
It's 66cc in capacity and when i get it back i want nothing less than 80 miles an hour and an upgraded health insurance plan.

I rolled for 5min man LOL. Is your bike made of stainless Steel... do you have access to 1.21 gigawatts... if so then **** we can throw on the spare flux capacitor I got and work on gettin ya to 88mph!!!

Back