31cc honda clone on aluminum motobecane

dchevygod

Local time
6:34 AM
It's. A daemon rear mount friction drive on an aluminum mountain bike with disk brakes and 24 speeds. I haven't started her yet I need a turn buckle cause the shaft they sent me wasn't drilled and the brake caliper wont let me mount it where it says to on the left side of the axle any way. Does any one have one of these they've installed on a similar bike with the same caliper issue?

i se a solution

There are two stock brackets for the pinch style brakes that are unused and they both line up, unlike the adjustable rod that came with the kit my frame is wider at the hub cause of the disk brakes. Also the rod they sent me wasn't drilled where it should have been. Hey can't complain much when I put gas in it started first or second pull the clutch bell spun itself back off twice now its seems ok. The twist throttle is kinda cheesy and I'll have to drill my bars for the locator pin but its on for the moment. I'm going to run royal purple oil after the break in period. Maybe an e3 diamond fire. And soon I'll want to upgrade the carb and intake filter. I like it being quiet so ill leave the exhaust alone unless I find a good deal on a simillarly quiet upgrade. Its not as fast as the kit says it'll be but its like riding full out without pedaling. Im decently fast on my bike 25-29 according to the speed signs by schools and im just cruzin ill see just how fast it iz. Im not too heavy 165lbs and my bike is inherently lighter than most other m/b s being aluminum so ill post it when I find out

well the spindle is toast

The clutch bell backed out again and this time at speed. The friggin thing is broken! The spindle used to have a threaded shank to attach the bell. Its now stuck in the new/old warped bell. I am very dissapointed with the design flaw that allowed this to happen. Don't get the Daemon friction drive kit the spindle is weak and the clutch bell was welded crooked. I'm sure this is the one design flaw I can redesign and make it stronger. Ill be using a complete 78mm clutch housing, a few spacers to replace the big spacer ring, l will have to get the old spindle drilled straight thru, a long 10mm bolt thru the spindle into the new clutch bell. I think it will work. Anyone have some input? This is my first mb build I joined this forum in the hopes I could get some help working out the bugs. I haven't had any negative feed back but not much positive either. Please help out with this problem. I like the concept but im almost ready to give up on this kit and put the motor on my schwinn scooter frame.

Back