$35 Bicycle Camera ATC2K - HOT Buy at Samsclub!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Email, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Email

Email Member

Not trying to boost sells or anything (not sure if it's against forum rules are not), but just got back from a trip to SAMSCLUB today! They have the ATC2K action camera as a seasonal item for $34.76. Soon as I got back to work co-worker and I did two quick videos and it did a decent job for a $35 camera - did much better than I was expecting. A quick search and cheapest this thing sells for is about $76 online. It comes with all the hardware you need to strap it onto a bicycle or helmet, along with 1GB of SD memory. I could not pass up the price. It shoots avi files, and get 30min worth using the 1GB card - can lower the quality for more time (will mess with it more tonight). Just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

This is a seasonal item and may not be at all the sams stores, but if you're in there take a look and see if they've got it. I'm contemplating on getting another one so I can film coming and going traffic. One of the downfalls from what I've read is that battery life is ~1-2hrs, so rechargeable batteries are a must 2-AA.

Here's some videos from ATC2K.com.

Edit: I'm surprised at the price as well, could be a price mistake at my sams (won't know till some others check out stores elsewhere). My receipt lists it as item 407019 ACTIONCAM - $48.71 via their webtool. I'm fairly certain the $34.76 wasn't a clearance price or anything, though maybe they mismarked it with a clearance price - because it was in it's normal location.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

that things cool
    would think many will be buying those

take one with you when you ride that thing

we like to watch MBs
  3. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

yeah, looking on the site u sent its usually $110. if you can get em for the price you said id buy a few and sell em for profit. ill have to check sams next time im there...

edit: i looked on the sams site and its not listed. that means there is a good chance that your individual store got them by accident. nevertheless i will still be on the lookout. they look too cool.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  4. Email

Email Member

This is the box you're looking for...
    photo 1
    photo 2
    photo 3
    (pulled the photos from an e-bay listing)

P.S. I'm still not motorized, but <3 'em none the less. My most recent bicycle purchase is a 1977 Schwinn Volare 58cm bicycle (Japanese Paramount), it's going to be my road bike this year (still needs a little work). It's a 25-lb steel lightweight bicycle, and RARE too - Panasonic made them for Schwinn.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Argh, it's not available at my local Sam's but if I want to go on a serious ride they have it at another for the 48.71. We put something like it on a Razor and it cost well over $100.