Sprockets 36 tooth sprocket on 80cc

thuginfc

Local time
1:45 AM
will a stock jet black 80cc be alright with a 36 tooth sprocket?
also will the SBP expansion exhaust give me the low end to make up for the sprocket?

36 & SBP pipe

I have both the 36 tooth sprocket from kings and the Sick Bike Parts tuned pipe. I also got a extra thin head gasket and Wow! what a big difference from the stock setup. I had to modify the pipe a bit, (I trimmed a little more than a 1\4" of to get better high end) but it can really get out of its own way now. My top speed is about 40 mph on the flat and I was not trying to push it much.

I did note that my gas milage was not quite as good as it used to be but I can live with that(so I only gets about 110 mpg, sigh)

The main problem I have with this set-up is that I hardly peddle the thing at all I used to have to "help" it get over the hill to Portland but now it go's the whole trip with no strain on the motor. Now I have to ride my bike on the rollers inside if I don't want to look like the MICHELIN man.

Mike Frye the bike guy :D

hmm i might get the sprocket as well my top speed right now is only 30kmphish but its a brand new engine with only about 25km on it so still breakin it in but even at 30 i feel like iam pushing it too hard. a smaller sprocket would mean iam putting less strain on it at 30.

also was wondering about the spooky tooth expansion exhaust compared to the sick bike parts

I run a 48cc with a 36T and it pulls fine.
Just remember to peddle a little to start off.
I run the SBP expansion chamber and it rocks.
Haven't tried the spooky so i can't say there.

SBP clearance

I have had a problem with clearance between my crank and the pipe. I routed the pipe under the bottom bracket and it ends up slightly past the pedal near the rear tire . I put a dent in the pipe so the crank just about clears. Fortunately by the time the exhaust gasses get down there there is not a lot of heat. As far as I am concerned it's worth the hassle.

Its good for my ego to be able to get around this part of town. I live in the Suburbs and I cant keep up with the traffic on my road bike. They did not design this part of town for bicycles or pedestrians, but I can "get by" with my motor bike.

Mike Frye the bike guy:D

Back