3d cad or other 3d image of a bicycle motor?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Frankenstein, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Active Member

I had to post this in general questions since I'm not sure if this would be seen by somebody who'd know about this.

Anyone know of a source of something like autocad 3d or any 3d rendition of a bicycle motor?

Been looking around but could not find anything... Perhaps a hidden treasure in Google's sketchup world database and I'm using the wrong search term?

Anyone with an idea please chime in.

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

view of internal comustion engine 2 stroke..................try that searching on bing/images. 3d view of internal combustion engine will get you there too.

3. Frankenstein

I wasn't going for just any 2 stroke was hoping for a replica of what we normally use.

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

I have an MP4 by gasbike of engine disassembly that looks to have been from a cad prog

5. sp1ke

sp1ke Member

it would be nice to have a wireframe model of this engine and a 3d printer that prints alloy :D lil adjustment here lil there and bam fricking rocket ship muahaha lol

6. Frankenstein

I'd print a horse heart.

7. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

This is a pretty good full animation of a 2-stroke disassembly/assembly, just turn the sound off unless you are a huge Rocky fan ;-}

8. Frankenstein

Nice source, I wonder if I could convince them to share their files.. I do wonder how they programed the computer to remove parts without needing a puller.

9. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

gasbike stole the animation from Manic Mechanic just like how they get a lot of their products.
    They don't have any files.

10. Frankenstein

Well that will save me an email or 2,thanks.

11. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

AutoCAD can cost 14 grand per machine. (I use it every day) MicroStation costs even more. (I use it a few times per month).
    If you are a student, you can purchase AutoCAD MUCH cheaper.
    My advice is to take a class at the local community college and get a cheap version of AutoCAD. It does not need to be an AutoCAD class for you to get the big discount.

12. Frankenstein

My job provides autocad with every work laptop

13. Frankenstein

At least to the design engineers they do.