3L fuel tank? Anyone use one?

Kite Surfer

Local time
9:28 AM
New member here, am in process of building my first motorized bike. (2 actually, 1 for me, 1 for my SO)

Was wondering if anyone used the larger 3L fuel tanks on their bikes. If so could you post photos of it mounted? I am wondering what it looks like and how much space the bigger tank takes up. I want the extended range, but hoping the tank doesn't dominate the top bar.

Thanks all!

one needs to look closely to tell the diff between standard 2.5L tank and 3.5L tank - some folks never notice

mounting h/w for it is much better tho

Getting confused a bit about the available sizes now. First off, most kits come with 1.5 liter tanks, am I correct on this? I see 2 and 3 liter tanks on ebay, and 1.5 - 3.5 liter tanks on Bikeberry. This is the tank I am looking at http://www.bikeberry.com/engine-kit-parts/fuel-components/4l-black-gas-tank.html , but the hyperlink to the product says its 4 liter? Its the 3.5 liter i am most interested in, but I just want to make sure it doesn't dominate the top bike bar. How much taller is it than say the 1.5 liter that comes with the kit.

I,ve never heard of 1.5L tanks & guess that ad is a misprint - there is a huge whizzer style tank at about 8L, but they're rare

3.5L is: Length: 14.75 inches, Width: 8.5 inches

If I get a chance today, I'll put a 2.5 & 3.5 in a pic for you

here's that pic

Attachments

• gas tanks.jpg
    gas tanks.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 694
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
yes I think I am going to opt for the larger tank, I just received my Cheez PK80 kits and those tanks don't look like they could hold 2 liters. The seem to be close to the same capacity tanks that are on my 49cc go ped, and those are 1.5 liters.

I want chrome too!!! lol

Back