3rd bi annual DELTA WHIZZER RIDE Oct 9,10,11

M

MotorbikeMike

Hi Gang this is an event that we've been attending for several years since it was down in the Fresno area. I think the first one Wifey and I participated was 2004, but rode the first time in 2005 with my then-new NE5 Whizzer. I will add some more detail to what is below that John had posted on another site.

Camping conditions: very good "Dry Camping" with brick bathroom facilities, apparently hookups are available if you want to pay a little more.

We normally ride 80-90 miles, I've been very lucky and have finished every run, but Wifey has had 3 breakdowns. One time on a 2-stroke, and once on a borrowed Whizzer.

This spring there were 3 new EZ Motorbikes in the ride, I got a bit lost, and clocked 99 miles on that ride.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it.

Mike

3rd bi annual DELTA WHIZZER RIDE Oct 9,10,11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you veteran west coast riders know the Fresno/Whizz-in has been gone for a few years now.

John Accettola and myself Ted Lusher have taken the ride and moved it to the Sacramento Delta area. Our riders have made it a success!

We average from 55 to 65 riders and growing!. Whizzers, 2 stroke kits, Cushmans, home built customs, Tomos etc...

Riders from Arizona, Oregon, Washington and Southern Ca return every ride. The dates Oct.9,10,11. Guys start rolling in on Friday the 9th, Ride 9:30 saturday morning, and Classic bicycle/whizzer swap on Sunday including free pancake and bacon breakfast.

We have reserved Brannan Island recreational area (state park) in Isleton Ca.17645 state hwy 160, 94571 google it. The ride is about 90 miles and takes the better part of the day.

We ride along the water on the delta loop.Historic towns,ferry ride,draw bridges! Nice low or no traffic paved roads. Chase trucks with trailers for those that don't make it all the way!

For those of you that prefer a room to camping,Rogelio's 916-777-5878. Delta Daze inn 916-777-7777,talk to Jill and mention Whizz-in for a special deal.

Any additional info Call Ted 415 892-4949 or John 707-253-8889
Whizzer, Starfire, and SkyHawk

Back