4 Stroke Builds That Don't Look Like a Bike With a Leaf Blower Strapped to It

KTOKTO

Local time
6:32 PM
I am starting some plans to build a 2nd bike and am thinking of doing a 49cc 4 stroke.

The only hang up I have is the looks. Are there any pictures out there of builds with the engine's plastic accessories removed or painted or anything else custom?

I am thinking of doing a board track replica but can't get past the looks of a pre-war looking bike with a chainsaw hanging of of it.

the eternal king of late night, mr jay leno himself. the engines are the standard 4-stroke hs with 4g trans and a long pipe performance exhaust

the eternal king of late night, mr jay leno himself. the engines are the standard 4-stroke hs with 4g trans and a long pipe performance exhaust

Holy cow, I watch that all the time. I never ran across that one. Thanks for the link!

The only hang up I have is the looks. Are there any pictures out there of builds with the engine's plastic accessories removed or painted or anything else custom?
Not much you can do with the pull-start but getting rid on the cooling parts and box exhaust helps a lot.

2_SlugoDoneLeft-Covers-1280.jpg

2_29Genisis10G53L-1280.jpg

2_GT2-10G-53-DoneL-1280.jpg

Not much you can do with the pull-start but getting rid on the cooling parts and box exhaust helps a lot.

2_SlugoDoneLeft-Covers-1280.jpg

2_29Genisis10G53L-1280.jpg

2_GT2-10G-53-DoneL-1280.jpg

Ya, the transmission side looks great. I'm trying to think of something for the pull start side, maybe even a milled aluminum cover to replace the plastic, just not sure yet. That painted one with the pin stripe in the Leno video looks "fair" though.

why use a leaf blower engine if you don't want it to look like a leaf blower? check ebay for pit bike motors

Ya, the transmission side looks great. I'm trying to think of something for the pull start side, maybe even a milled aluminum cover to replace the plastic, just not sure yet. That painted one with the pin stripe in the Leno video looks "fair" though.
maybe just always park it so the pull start side is against the wall

Back