For Sale 4 Stroke deal in South Texas

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Barry, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Barry

Barry Member

I give up.. I'm selling everything.
    GT-2 Frame Painted metalic black @ detail shop
    Stage III gearbox - new
    Shift kit - new
    Front and rear hub brakes
    Three speed rear hub
    Three boxes with enough stuff to build another bike or two
    One HS142 straight shaft & One HS142 Tapershaft (less than 50 miles)
    3" tires An assortment of 26" tires/tubes
    A box of special bike tools
    2 Bike towbar rack

Best offer takes it all.. I'll post pics tonight..
    Barry

2. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

I'm curious, why are you "giving up"?

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Same here, i want to know why you are throwing in the towel?

I had to endure two years of crushing pain and heartache before finding reasonable reliability with my hardware.

4. Barry

Barry Member

My problem is this: I'm getting ready to retire from my second career (really retire) and was looking for something FUN to occupy my time. I started building MB's almost a year ago and have sold a few to local customers with the understanding that they give me a call if something breaks. I'm still a licenced aircraft mechanic and am very proud of my work and work ethics. Unfortunatley, due to the REALLY CRAPPY Chinese parts that I used to build these bikes, they are in my garage almost every weekend for a failed gearbox, bad clutch, crumpled bearings, etc, etc. I've been replacing all this stuff on my own nickle and just can't do it anymore. So, I'm closing up shop and looking for a cheap Harley Sportster to play with.

5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Try a Honda 35cc with a staton kit. Once you try quality you'll never go back.

6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Barry you have 2 nice motors there in the 142f's. Consider 1 F/D kit from staton or DAX and you'll have a nice fun reliable ride. Mind you a F/D is a fair weather performer but you'll have no regrets.

7. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

I did have a few problems with the HF 52cc (bad carb, clutch spring keeps breaking) and the BMP's bearing closest to the motor would wear out fast.Since I moved to Japanese motors and GEBE I've had no probs, gas up and go.
    I thought of making a little business building MAB's as well, but your problem (among others) came to mind, better to stay under the radar and enjoy it.

8. Barry

Barry Member

Everything sold this afternoon..
    Barry