4-stroke running in

houghmade, i know to put it in the white plug, but is that gold screw you circled the drain? and thanks alot dude! i was getting seirously confused! lol

Just for the record, one a new motor the first oil change is the most important. On all my motorized bikes [Whizzers] I change the oil after the first 50 miles, and only use regular oil [Dino]. The majority of the cylinder/piston/rings mating process happen within the first 50 miles, simply look at the oil when changing and you will see tiny metal particles in the used oil. I also change the oil again at 100 miles, 300 miles and then at 500 miles. On a Whizzer after the initial changes I have used one quart [8 oz. each change]. Hope this information is helpful.
Have fun,
Quenton

thanks quenton. oh yea, how much oil do i put in this? i would thnk these differ from whizzers.

There was mention of new cars being made with synthetic oil in the crank case from the factory. IMO, there is a huge difference between a Corvette or Porsche versus a little 50cc engine. The machined tolerances should, in theory, be much closer in a high end vehicle as compared to a small inexpensive engine. In either case, I would change the oil very quickly in a small engine and switch to synthetic after a few hundred miles, if at all. In my cars, I wait 1,000 miles, change oil, and switch to synthetic.

This topic has been debated endlessly on about every forum. From what I've read on motocycle forums is that it's actually heat cycles that break an engine in - going from full cold to normal operating temparature and back again.

--John

thanks quenton. oh yea, how much oil do i put in this? i would thnk these differ from whizzers.

Your engine looks exactly like my Titan engine. The oil cap has a small dip stick on it. My best guess would be to the base of the threads where the oil cap screws in. The drain plug is directly beneth the oil fill.

There's another way to remove the oil without turning the bike upside down, It's simple, attach a small hose to a large turkey baster and suck the oil out!

Back