40mm offset intake?

I don't know I'm thinkin if the longer intake and Dellorto clone will increase the low end, I could definitely use it lol. I got the skyhawk movin today and I'm not real impressed. The bike itself if awesome but the motor aint exactly what I thought it would be. Maybe it's to early to judge but the low end is terrible and the clutch is whining. I weigh about 240..maybe that's it. Maybe my expectations were set a little high.

Does not matter what carburetor you run a longer intake will give it more low end torque.

Really? My first bike ran all around better when I swapped the NT for a Dellorto clone. It ran even better when I jetted it leaner. The carb has to play some part in performance right?

Yes there are better carburetors but when ever you add a longer intake you get more low end torque and loose some on top end. The SHA clone is OK but there are better.

Ah I get it :)

I saw you're gonna use one of those mikuni carbs. I think that is what it was called. Sorry if I got that wrong. I think you said that that type have a low speed adjustment. They're probably harder to dial in than the SHA with its one idle adjustment eh?

Ah I get it :)

I saw you're gonna use one of those mikuni carbs. I think that is what it was called. Sorry if I got that wrong. I think you said that that type have a low speed adjustment. They're probably harder to dial in than the SHA with its one idle adjustment eh?

No it is easier as you have total control over all 3 circuits with the Mikuin. With the SHA clone you only have one you can change and that is the high speed jet. So you can only get it to to a point not like when you can adjust or change all 3 circuits. To be perfect you would have to go EFI and that is coming on all engines before long even your yard trimmer. Coarse they are all going 4 cycle and have in CA all ready.

Back