Chains 410 vs 415 drive chain, catasrophic failure brand new engine

I like the chain tensioners. I was thinking of doing something similar. Did you weld ears onto the frame, or use pieces of angle iron? Did you weld your own tensioners or use BMX tensioners? Good job.

update... don't do business with Anthony Lee Inc.

I called the guy back at pistonbikes.com. It was the same guy, one time calling himself Robert, but usually using his corporate name Anthony Lee. I only ever spoke to the one dude. I sent him the pics I've posted here, even though he(Robert) had said he 'already knew what they would show' without seeing them. On what was my third call to this business, and after reminding him who I was and asking him to send me the parts persuant to his "30 day parts" warranty, he seemed more helpful. "No problem." he says. Then after some typing and confirming the parts I need he says, "That'll be 36 dollars."

Once again this a-hole is trying to make a sale, rather than fix my problem. He said that my failure was 'not a warranty issue' and attempted to placate me by offering to drop the shipping charges. I got a little heated, and the full conversation need not be told, but it ended with "well you just make your little better business bureau complaint then. Goodbye." click.

Right now I'm screwed. This A-hole won't even send me the parts i need to fix this, after his kit failed practically straight out of the box. I need a clutch arm cover and a new chain before I can even try to rig something. I don't know what I'm gonna do.

I hope you contested the credit card charge. It may not go anywhere, but if your credit is good, it may slap the guy, or your CCC may write it off. Sounds like the guy has a really bad attitude. Probably just a box seller with no interest in MB riding.

Right now I'm screwed. This A-hole won't even send me the parts i need to fix this, after his kit failed practically straight out of the box. I need a clutch arm cover and a new chain before I can even try to rig something. I don't know what I'm gonna do.

All you can do is cut your losses with them, post a really accurate review and ensure that you include their other trading names so that others are aware, then buy the parts that you need from a more reputable dealer. (Won't cost much.)

In the US, there's ThatsDax and others for the countershaft cover and chains are available everywhere.
In my case, a 410 chain won't seat properly on the countershaft sprocket without grinding the sides of the teeth slightly, as mentioned in an earlier post. (Soon to be done, I think it's worth the effort. I'll post a thread with results when I get around to doing it.)
Meantime, my kit came with 415H, which is really too wide for the sprockets.
It's like the kits were designed for 412, which doesn't exist.

The 48cc Grubee Skyhawk I got from Bikeberry.com already had that done (grinding the sharp ends of the motor drive teeth, and the sides a little so it fits the narrow BMX type chain). I was pleased, I think I got a good deal.

Please don't let a crappy vendor spoil your appreciation for a hobby. Motored bikes are fun.

I wasn't aware that they were grinding the sides of the teeth to fit #410 at BB. A point in their favour.
On payday, I'll order a second sprocket to play with and do it myself. I already have #410 chain left over from the RHS of my shift-kit jackshaft.

ThatsDax is out of stock on the sprocket covers, is there anywhere else I can order one online? if not, I'm probably gonna call spooky on monday and try to order one from them.

Back