Chains 415H Chain not fitting

nemesiszero

Local time
3:05 PM
20140205_135234.jpg

Hey guys I am replacing my damaged stock chain with a 415H (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181071192791?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) But its not fitting around the engine drive sprocket it goes so far then the teeth aren't aligned with it. I was told a 415H would fit but don't seem to be having much luck. Is it the wrong size or am I doing something wrong? Thanks guys

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
chains fit a bit badly at first, but will loosen up in first 10 miles of running

I sometimes have to file or grind the sprocket teeth to be a bit narrower for the initial fit.

Try wiggling the chain back and forth, use a screwdriver until the chain comes through far enough to grab with pliers, then PULL that s.o.b and it should come through. I had the same problem with 410H, wiggling and pulling did the trick.

So do you think I need to file the sprocket teeth down

If you can make it fit for a while, it should loosen up, but if not, then look carefully at why it is not fitting - usually, the rollers are riding up on the teeth due to the top of the teeth being a bit long to let them slide all the way down - that is when you might want to file or grind just the edges of the teeth to make them pointier

Back