48cc grubee skyhawk vs. 66cc grubee skyhawk

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by runningtat, Nov 20, 2012.

1. runningtat

runningtat New Member

hi all, well i made the jump. after much reading and thought i purchased a 48cc grubee skyhawk kit from motorized bicycles canada. i am in nova scotia, canada. went with the 48 to avoid police issues....under 50cc is legal. th questtion is...is there a noticeable difference in power/speed with such minor cc differences. any input would be appreciated. plan to use it as a daily commute...36 kilometres round trip on a norco bush pilot mountain bike......

......pics to follow once its completed.

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

The 66cc has more of everything and combine it with a reed valve intake and diaphragm carburettor and you'll have the best combination.
  3. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

I've used them both and the speed & power are actually about the same....Seem's to me the 48cc actually runs smoother....Using it for a daily commute you would be wise to have at least 2 bikes...One to ride while you work on the other....
  4. runningtat

runningtat New Member

thanks for responding never thought about having 2... one as a back up....glad to hear about "the same" power/speed...would like to hit 50 kph...30 mph...possible with the 48cc??

thanks again