48cc grubee skyhawk vs. 66cc grubee skyhawk

runningtat

Local time
12:55 AM
hi all, well i made the jump. after much reading and thought i purchased a 48cc grubee skyhawk kit from motorized bicycles canada. i am in nova scotia, canada. went with the 48 to avoid police issues....under 50cc is legal. th questtion is...is there a noticeable difference in power/speed with such minor cc differences. any input would be appreciated. plan to use it as a daily commute...36 kilometres round trip on a norco bush pilot mountain bike......

thanks

......pics to follow once its completed.

The 66cc has more of everything and combine it with a reed valve intake and diaphragm carburettor and you'll have the best combination.

I've used them both and the speed & power are actually about the same....Seem's to me the 48cc actually runs smoother....Using it for a daily commute you would be wise to have at least 2 bikes...One to ride while you work on the other....

thanks for responding never thought about having 2... one as a back up....glad to hear about "the same" power/speed...would like to hit 50 kph...30 mph...possible with the 48cc??

thanks again

Back