49cc Huasheng clutch issues

txcnguy

Local time
3:59 AM
Does anyone know where to get a proper clutch for these 49cc engines for motorized bike duty? Seems like the springs are too stiff and need too many revs to get any action, and that means burning clutch pads all the time.
Need to find a good supplier of weaker springs so the clutch locks up at lower rpm. I broke one spring and it actually was great, the clutch locked and the acceleration was awesome but it was a little tricky to stop.
The heavier clutches work better, the light aluminium ones just toss them in the trash they are useless.
Someone said the 2 spring clutches will work better, anyone tried them?
I believe the stock clutches are for generators or non-cyclic loads, so not ready a good experience for the motorized biker.
Any one out there have an alternate idea?
Dan in Dubai

I got a pocket bike and transfer box clutch all fits a 49cc 4 stroke my 4 stroke has stock pads and if I have to pedal the bike to help it get going then there is to much lode on it and it will burn the pads away quick. So I got a bigger back sprocket. I have seen the 2 pad ones and thay are ment to be hi performance so I think the springs are harder. I got a red colour 3 pad pocket bike clutch and it got the same holding the middle as the 4 stroke bur it's got a key on the shaft my 4 stroke dose not but it fits just fine the red pads seem better long lasting more grip but thy got hard springs so take them off and put the soft stock one on it now my bike rips out my hands. You can get everything on eBay just look under pocket bike clutch the pocket bike transfer box is $10 but the same 4 stroke one is $80 only difference is the sprockets on them one for pocket bike chain and one for 4 stroke chain

Pocket bike clutch on 4 stroke.

Attachments

• DSC_0202.JPG
    DSC_0202.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 746
This transfer box should not be used with 26 24 Inc wheels it is to hard on the clutch to take off. It comes with cheper kits

its off a pocket bike .on ebay 4 stock clutch s for $40 thay got soft ones thay say its better to have hard ones the more revs the better it just has to grip i have been testing by cutting lines in the bell housing like slots on a disk brake but havent rode it yet and it might eat the pads faster got to try

Attachments

• DSC_0203.JPG
    DSC_0203.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 608
Back