49cc is going strong

geebt48cc

Local time
10:53 AM
:giggle: Ok, hold your breath, everything on the Skyhawk 48cc is doing what it should. ............and legal too:D

I was wondering after new NGK plug, Wire, and Air Filter, should I go with a Expansion Chamber............

Last edited:
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: The only 2 bolt on mods I've noticed any significant performance increase from are expansion exhausts and boost bottles. Boost bottles don't seem to help me go faster, but both of my HT motors run a whole lot smoother with them installed.

Smart answer: Get additional opinions from more experienced members.

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: The only 2 bolt on mods I've noticed any significant performance increase from are expansion exhausts and boost bottles. Boost bottles don't seem to help me go faster, but both of my HT motors run a whole lot smoother with them installed.

Smart answer: Get additional opinions from more experienced members.

After installing my homemade (PVC) boost bottle we had to turn down the idle. I don't know if it is because of the bottle but we don't have any blow back through the carburetor. Was easier to start, I don't know about speed as I haven't had mine WOT for any length of time on a 0 grade. No personal experience with the EC, but from what others say it is the most noticeable mod as far as the engine goes.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=892

Attachments

• 1016091100-01.jpg
    1016091100-01.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
I guess I'll order an expansion chamber for it. Uno, on the boost bottle, I was wondering how long it last once installed? Steve, can you give me your opinion on what type of EC you would suggest?

Glen

Yes, that's who I would go with. Steve, I also wonder if I should do boost bottle with it?

Glen

Not sure Glen. I have no experience with boost bottles. I've always looked on them as a bit of a novelty, but many guys swear by them.
Ron knows more than I do on that subject.

I went with the SBP chamber, and I could feel a difference.
I made my own boost bottle out of a float that I had in the garage. Doing
some research before I made it, I found a site that said a boost bottle should
be within 3cc + or - of the cc's of the motor that it will be used on. Mine is
exactly 66cc. I know this by going to a pharmacy and buying for a needle less
syringe and filling it up with water after the hose was on the bottle.
Shorty

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 217
Steve, more of me wants to think that novelty is a good description of the boost bottle thing? Guess it can't hurt?

No, I just think that it's a phycological tactic? Who knows?

Listen, took plug out after about 5/miles.......(light tan in color now) and very clean.

Last edited:
Back