49cc on a 10 speeder

-CON-

Local time
12:45 AM
Hi! Just bragging about my bike. Hope you don't mind and will check my videos!

Some specs> 49cc, custom expansion chamber exhaust, took me 6 hrs and approximately $150, engine internals somewhat ported and polished, increased compression, accel spark plug wire, rotary engine (trailing) spark plug NGK, don't try this plug it needs to be modded! Bicycle standard chain, chain self tension mod, 40 teeth rear sprocket, maximum speed reached 72km/h or 45 miles/h with 38 teeth, and a 150lbs rider, bike weight 55lbs, aluminum frame, 28 inch wheels, puncture less tires.

Thanks !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Vl_pMqKbY&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx1ZsvwPONU&feature=channel_page

Attachments

• 100_0029 (Large).JPG
    100_0029 (Large).JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
GREAT WORK !!

real nice derailer based chain guide/ tensioner.

the vid of you burning that corner apex is excellent. pure Isle of Man technique.

steve

cool chain tensioner. I would swap your handle bars, dont the ones you have on there get annoying..

Yeah I kind of went through that corner like 50 times before I shot that video!!

Handle bars yeah the back after long riding gets stiff a bit but I kind of got used to it, actually it's not that bad I like it because I could lean against the bars, it supports my body.

Thanks guys !!

Last edited:
I didn't not know you could motorize a road bike. Any special mods to the bike itself to run the engine on that?

No really! All I did just put longer studs 11mm, stainless steel actually, even for the cylinder it is better to replace because the ones it comes with (10mm) is no good it's like it's made out of paper, easily breaks!

Last edited:
Love your bike mate, We've both got a pretty similiar set up, Just waiting for my new carb and I can finally see what it can do lol. After seeing how good yours is I cant wait!!

:D
Fastboy

Some , but not all, of the older road bikes can do pretty well with an added engine. The lightweight bikes, skinny tires, etc., can make for a fast ride. BUT, around here, the roads are just too rough for it !

Back