49cc two stroke reliability

Ty the motor guy

Local time
5:31 AM
Hi, I just bought a 49cc two stroke kit off eBay around 120$. What can I do to make it more reliable and make it last longer, I will be riding it to the weight room, and around town. I've heard to replace all the bolts and better carb.

Stock carb is fine for a beginner, get new bolts, and for break-in just give it hell ;)

Don't rev the motor very high until your 2-3 gas tank but keep it full throttle under heavy loads till then

Use full synthetic 2 stroke oil at 32:1 ratio

Buy a b6hs NGK spark plug

If you have to use a chain tensioner, buy a spring loaded one

What kind of bike are you putting it on?

I would run it at 16:1 for first few tanks then graduate to 32:1 Invest in some blue loctite and r&r all bolts

Yeah, stock tensioners suck. I had my chain almost perfect, it was just slipping off. I used stock tensioner which put too much tension, and the torque ripped the roller right off.

Take the motor all apart and clean it out as when I got my clone engine it was full of grit and trash. I think this is why they tell people to run them so rich with oil. I cleaned mine out and broke in on 25 to 1. For $25 more including shipping you could have gotten a genuine Grubee. I got my first one off eBay just like you my second is a Grubee and made much better but you will have a ball with what you got. Sorry the Grubee is 66cc

Is grubee the best 2 stroke bike engine out there? What about screamingroo?

that engine looks like a Grubee. maybe a copy with their name on it and some quality bolts/screws.
If your engine vibrates much then you'll have to pull out the crank and drill in some extra holes to make it more balanced.
Vibration is the number one enemy of reliability.

Back