4G Grubee Belt Drive Kit in stock now at Bicycle-Engines.com for $399.99

Local time
1:01 AM
Finally in stock. I would really like to hear someone else's opinon on this kit besides just one other persons opinion (No offence Irish John :whistle:) . I would like to try one but I already have a Honda engine I want to use & replace the Grubee III noisy gearbox with a better design like the EZM that's supposed to come out soon or the G4. Bicycle-Engines.com doesn't have the transmission sold separately without the engine yet. Besides the 4G for the honda doesn't have a ball bearing clutch & that's not cool :( So Biketec how much for just the transmission sold separately without the engine? How did the installation go? How much have you rode the bike with the G4? Tell us about it please.

Hi Jetenginethrust,

I don't think the G4 will fit the earlier motors like the HS142 or the Honda GXH50. You might want to check into which motors it will fit. You might also want to check into the drive ratios.

Let us know your findings, please.

Have fun,

The gear ratio is 5:1 at the output shaft, as for fitting the drive you are correct the new G4 belt drive has a new clutch and a different housing meaning it will not fit the old motors. BUT the Honda kit will fit the old motors so its just a matter of time till they come in they have been ordered and we will also have the new clutches as well. Also just the GB itself so you can just bolt right up!!!
I do have a bike with one on it but not too many miles on it yet I'm a very busy man these days! Plus winter is already here and there is snow on the ground!!!! But if you have any questions feel free to let me know and I will try to do my best at answering!!!! But the belt drive so far really seems nice I think it may prove to be the answer but only time will tell, I can tell you its amazingly quiet and seamlessly smooth.

I agree. Someone here has to review it and thoroughly test it and give us an unbiased opinion. I don't understand why a Grubee dealer or a EZM dealer can't just build a few bikes and take some videos. We need several videos to prove performance. As a customer, no one wants to buy a pig in a poke. I think business people hurt themsleves by not thoroughly demonstrating their products. It creates unnecessary doubts.

I have more bikes than I can count I have Built the 4G I have ridden it but not that much because its snowing and when its not there's plenty to do before it fly's again!!! I can make you a video but what would that prove poopie sound quality of ??? motor ?? the belt is silent! I will do anything to help just let me know. But I don't think it would be fair if I were to do the evaluation because I'm going to say nothing but good about it :unsure: I have sold about 15-20 and not one complaint yet the only one I have gotten was the crank issue but that has already been covered. Again I will do anything you ask ( well for for the most part lol ) OR better yet I know theres people on here tat have one aside from the kit that was already tested by ONE fellow MB'er.

Biketec, I think you underestimate the value of a good video. A good video is worth a thousand words unless it's a complete fake. It's called good marketing and advertising.
I've seen the EZ Motorbike video and it's impressive. The Grubee video in an alley is
very poor for a manufacturer triying to sell a product. Show us that Irish John is wrong about the Grubee drive.

Not making excuses here by any means but have you seen the weather in MT? We just got another 3-4 inches of snow:eek:!!!!! If I could I would I'm almost to the point where I would trade some parts or something for a good quality video myself! I can take pictures all day in the shop or outside but no video ... Well I could do it on the stand but ......

That reminds me LOL remember that video of Brian!!! HAHA maybe I should roll the G4 in a foot of snow for some wraps!!!

Sorry couldn't help it!!!!! :rolleyes:

Back