4G Grubee Belt Drive Kit in stock now at Bicycle-Engines.com for $399.99

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by Jetenginethrust, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Finally in stock. I would really like to hear someone else's opinon on this kit besides just one other persons opinion (No offence Irish John :whistling:) . I would like to try one but I already have a Honda engine I want to use & replace the Grubee III noisy gearbox with a better design like the EZM that's supposed to come out soon or the G4. Bicycle-Engines.com doesn't have the transmission sold separately without the engine yet. Besides the 4G for the honda doesn't have a ball bearing clutch & that's not cool :( So Biketec how much for just the transmission sold separately without the engine? How did the installation go? How much have you rode the bike with the G4? Tell us about it please.

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

It would be nice to hear an unbiased opinion. I think some Chinese guy stole a girlfriend of his a long time ago or something. LOL

3. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Jetenginethrust,

I don't think the G4 will fit the earlier motors like the HS142 or the Honda GXH50. You might want to check into which motors it will fit. You might also want to check into the drive ratios.

Let us know your findings, please.

Have fun,

4. biketec

biketec Member

The gear ratio is 5:1 at the output shaft, as for fitting the drive you are correct the new G4 belt drive has a new clutch and a different housing meaning it will not fit the old motors. BUT the Honda kit will fit the old motors so its just a matter of time till they come in they have been ordered and we will also have the new clutches as well. Also just the GB itself so you can just bolt right up!!!
    I do have a bike with one on it but not too many miles on it yet I'm a very busy man these days! Plus winter is already here and there is snow on the ground!!!! But if you have any questions feel free to let me know and I will try to do my best at answering!!!! But the belt drive so far really seems nice I think it may prove to be the answer but only time will tell, I can tell you its amazingly quiet and seamlessly smooth.

5. Mike St

Mike St Member

I agree. Someone here has to review it and thoroughly test it and give us an unbiased opinion. I don't understand why a Grubee dealer or a EZM dealer can't just build a few bikes and take some videos. We need several videos to prove performance. As a customer, no one wants to buy a pig in a poke. I think business people hurt themsleves by not thoroughly demonstrating their products. It creates unnecessary doubts.

6. biketec

biketec Member

I have more bikes than I can count I have Built the 4G I have ridden it but not that much because its snowing and when its not there's plenty to do before it fly's again!!! I can make you a video but what would that prove poopie sound quality of ??? motor ?? the belt is silent! I will do anything to help just let me know. But I don't think it would be fair if I were to do the evaluation because I'm going to say nothing but good about it :idea: I have sold about 15-20 and not one complaint yet the only one I have gotten was the crank issue but that has already been covered. Again I will do anything you ask ( well for for the most part lol ) OR better yet I know theres people on here tat have one aside from the kit that was already tested by ONE fellow MB'er.

7. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Mike St,

We have several videos on You Tube, and there are links on our website to them.
    I do however agree with biketec, it is hard to judge a product from a video.

Have fun,

8. Mike St

Mike St Member

Biketec, I think you underestimate the value of a good video. A good video is worth a thousand words unless it's a complete fake. It's called good marketing and advertising.
    I've seen the EZ Motorbike video and it's impressive. The Grubee video in an alley is
    very poor for a manufacturer triying to sell a product. Show us that Irish John is wrong about the Grubee drive.

9. biketec

biketec Member

Not making excuses here by any means but have you seen the weather in MT? We just got another 3-4 inches of snow:shout:!!!!! If I could I would I'm almost to the point where I would trade some parts or something for a good quality video myself! I can take pictures all day in the shop or outside but no video ... Well I could do it on the stand but ......

10. biketec

biketec Member

That reminds me LOL remember that video of Brian!!! HAHA maybe I should roll the G4 in a foot of snow for some wraps!!!

Sorry couldn't help it!!!!! :dunce:

11. Mike St

Mike St Member

It's too bad about the snow. Maybe some customer will make a good video. I guess the your parts were just shipped too late in the season.

12. Terry Blow

Terry Blow Member

New Company Blowbyumotorizedbicycles(dot)ca

I am working on building a proto type and it will have the G4 T Belt Drive on it I will be doing performance test video's they will be posted on you tube. I live in Vancover B.C. Canada it is very hilly here so the G4 beter be up for it. Also no gas powered bicycles are aloud on the roads in Canada that is why I'm building a proto type (limited speed motorcycle) just waiting for the Felt MP to arrive I will be posting the build for any interested Cheer's Terry

13. Mike St

Mike St Member

Yeah, everybody is interested since the manufacturer has failed to provide a decent
    video. If it snows, wait for it to clear, and go outside even if it's a little cold. OCC does it all the time. We look forward to your build with great interest. And good luck making it work. Mike

14. Terry Blow

Terry Blow Member

Performance results from blow by u motorized bicycles (dot) ca
    On the G4 T Belt Drive 49cc kit from Grubee. So I am hoping this dose not get deleted I have pushed the G4 to is limit and found the limit. I am still impressed with the G4 and am glad I bought one here are the Video's you be the judge.
    Cheer's
    Terry Blow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ExyM3VSu4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ExyM3VSu4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8nZCBcFDM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8nZCBcFDM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A8SH7rLx4M

15. Mike St

Mike St Member

Well congratulations. Finally, someone proves the g4 works. I have a couple of concerns. You mentioned you weren't able to pedal. Is there a clearance issue? Is the
    motor too wide? And can this be fixed? The bike has to have workable pedals here in Illinois. You did a great job on these videos. I'd also like to know if the trans comes alone without the motor, because I already have the HS 142 Grubee motor and gearbox. Mike

16. Terry Blow

Terry Blow Member

Well thank you, I had a lot of fun making those video's and your concern about the peddles not to worry. I did not in stall the crank set that comes with the kit, because the G4 kit was put on that bike temporarily. The bike that the G4 will end up in is a Felt MP that I'm still waiting for. That motor HS 142 could possibly work with the G4 trans, I would have to ask my supplier.

17. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Terry is banned?

18. Terry Blow

Terry Blow Member

Well you can't win them all I'm back and just a little smarter. Many people know me in the other forum I also am know as a dealer there. Here the same people know me but I am only a newbie Lets see if I can change that. But for now I am vermin or a spam mer

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010