Stolen 5 minutes and my bike gone

Discussion in 'Stolen Bicycles & Security' started by txcnguy, Nov 19, 2014.

1. txcnguy

txcnguy New Member

HI
    My bike was stolen by three punks in Dubai, 2 of which followed me into a supermarket while the third took off with it. Police were called, language is a issue, a picture was given, so if you think there is no petty crime in the UAE think again. My fault for not locking it, but it was a weekend at 8AM who would have thought punks would be awake looking to steal things. Funny thing is they probably wont know how to use it, will not realize its a 2 stroke, and I am the only one who had one in Dubai as far as I know so do they think at some point I will not find them?

Attached Files:

2. liamo79

liamo79 New Member

Bad luck, and it looks like u had a few extra s on board.
    I use mine for commute to work and lock it in a shed at home and work.
    If its not bolted down and can be taken it probably will.
    I hope karma comes around on the punks and can only imagine how you feel

txcnguy likes this.
  3. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

Very sorry you lost your bike. Hopefully,you will get it back and the scum who took it will be punished accordingly.

txcnguy likes this.
  4. Imthegrt1

Imthegrt1 Member

I hate thief more than anything!!!

txcnguy likes this.
  5. txcnguy

txcnguy New Member

Thanks all. I have a new build, same bike frame, the Giant Simple Seven, in progress.

6. mrbg

mrbg Member

That sucks, don't they chop their hand off for stealing?

7. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

That is an Arab tradition and so is beheading in Saudi Arabia.

8. mrbg

mrbg Member

There must be no police presence and I assume poverty of the masses, I'll have to Google it.UAE right

9. mrbg

mrbg Member

Wasn't Hammurabi's law eye for eye, pretty basic code of law it would probably end overcrowding in US prison system

10. txcnguy

txcnguy New Member

No mrbg, Dubai is one of the richest and most liberal cities in the arab world. Police are there, they did file a report, CID showed up (Criminal Investigation Dept.) looked around quite a bit, they were helpful as much as possible. They don't take theft lightly, if they catch them they will get punishment. We all went into the market and looked a surveillance video all together, they saw who did it, I gave them a picture of the bike. The kindly gave me a ride home also and were very nice to me, no complaints on that whatsoever. The Emirati's are very decent quiet people, they respect expats alot.

11. mrbg

mrbg Member

Ya that's what I thought my bad I went back and looked at the info on lonely planet travel and the timeline is 7 yrs old. Sorry for your loss. I live in N.Long beach, CA. Mine was locked up with a decent cable lock and they clipped it. I'd like to see a lock with exploding dye pack! *******s

12. txcnguy

txcnguy New Member

Well here is the replacement build done today, so I'm back on the road again. Upgraded a few things, ported and polished head, tried a billet head but that didn't work out the head is to thick for the stock head bolts and i popped two head bolts and lost compression. Went back to the stock head until I can find some longer head bolts. Rode about 8 km today, all into it including very high shipping costs to Dubai around $1100. Bought the Giant Simple Seven here in Dubai but cost me around $550. Tank is way too small, bikeberry kit included a small tank, have a 4l on the way.

Attached Files:

13. mrbg

mrbg Member

14. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Invest in a good ulock and cable lock. It just makes it harder for them and takes more time to cut both. If only 1 lock use a good ulock.

15. mrbg

mrbg Member

I guess it doesn't matter, but where do you live? I've had my share of tools,motorcycle bikes stolen over the years nothing worse than a thief. Sorry to hear that, I still like the exploding dye pack like they use in the banks! But seriously I guess LoJack to recover your property