50cc Cafe Racer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.J., Feb 10, 2007.

1. D.J.

D.J. Guest

I ran across this on EBay for sale . It is a 1960 Belgian Royal Nord 50cc Moto Motorbike Cafe Racer . The pedal arm is off in the picture but it is a pedal start . It has a cool dual exhaust as well. ........ D.J.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Barret

Barret Guest

WOW, now THAT is cool. Imagine riding that around town and getting a bunch of double-takes!

I tried finding it on eBay, but had no luck (and yes, I used the eBay search field above :D ). DJ, what was the exact title?

3. D.J.

D.J. Guest

I believe that the auction ended . I was looking under motorcycles and searching oldest to newest . ................. D.J.

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

when i saw the subject line, i expected something cool, but not that cool 8)

5. Are you sure that is a pedel start? It looks like a connector for a kick start to me as it is round. I had a friend who had a little Bultaco Cafe Racer that looked almost the same but was a kick start.

6. D.J.

D.J. Guest

I'm not really sure of anything ( I grew up in the 60's ). I did see pictures from all angles and do believe that it is a pedal start . The same shaft was coming out of the other side of the case . but no pedals were shown . ....................................... D.J.

7. D.J.

D.J. Guest

8. Wow Pedals! That is cool!

9. Barret

Barret Guest

Wow...now the black and white one is SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

10. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Cool

Those are cool. I wonder if you can pedal it and run the engine like our bikes, and get better gas milage?

11. Undredseesee

Undredseesee New Member

Very pretty and I believe 50cc Royal Nords were raced with some success.

I have recently built a Yamaha RD50 powered machine for sprints and hillclimbs. It weights 48kg wet, is huge fun to ride and will manage a whisker under 70mph at 11000rpm.

Attached Files:

12. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Nice work. Strictly speaking of motorcycles and not confusing them with motored bicycles, I love the 50cc class in Grand Prix racing and streamliner LSR bikes.

13. happycheapskate

happycheapskate Active Member

I bet that thing is a pain in the butt to pedal, and the short cranks are just to start it and meet legal requirements (like for moped laws requiring pedals, and for getting it off the road if the engine dies. It might be useful for the way some of us pedal our mo-bikes though: silently entering housing zones at late hours after work, or maneuvering in parking garages or outdoor shopping zones, to get parking close to a building.

I like the build idea though: A cafe racer shape, with the motor + transmission mated forward of the tube frame. Looks good. Don't a lot of Puch mopeds and scooters have this arrangement?