50cc dirtbike motor in Dimondback bike 29er 16 gears

472372_10100123369334136_403711011_o.jpg

http://youtu.be/OLEGv4nczMM

suzuki 50cc,
sickbikeparts freewheel crank and jackshaft
still need a gastank using temp stainless water bottle.
Ive hit 35 but need to finalize all my gears and chain issues before going faster.

ordered this stuff but not in yet
Next step is making a dc motor work as a generator to charge battery for head and tail lights. and if I make it at correct location it will also work as a chain tensioner.

do something like this but cleaner and led
$T2eC16R,!zEE9s3!((qnBQ91ClLlYw~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!h0FCdNFUSyJBQuCg2oujQ~~60_3.JPG

631406596_o.jpg

$T2eC16NHJG!E9nm3o)(rBQRkUr0nVg~~60_12.JPG

I think I have a bunch of 3.7v 18650 batteries to use and a dc motor. just need to figure out how to wire so it can do blinkers and stuff

might need one of theses
$(KGrHqZHJ!wE+TtJCrnBBQHK-!zKcQ~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
keep.breaking chains

I need to keep the chains separated when shifting to my low gears

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That's an awesome setup database00, and to integrate it with the SickBikeParts shift kit is something else.
This hobby/transport desperately needs better engine options to work with the SickBikeParts shift kit.

A proper Japanese 50cc engine is a great option.

i have a 66cc Chinese motor as well but the cruiser tire is too fat, havnt messed with it latley, I just like using a dirtbike motor so it can take a beating. And its nice to not have to start with peddling and just kickstart it.
Im going today to look at a partbike ktm dirtbike. it has a compression chamber on that 50cc, hoping I can get it adapted to fit this. Dont need more power but having more always is an interest.

Last edited:
so much simpler then what I was building.
thanks fabian.

I know the chain is loose I need to build a tensioner

found a few decent sized dc motors so I can charge my battery pack. just not sure how the charging works. can I charge a 12 volt battery if motor is only supplying 4 volts?

some close ups

IMAG0173ww.jpgIMAG0173b.jpgIMAG0174b.jpgIMAG0175b.jpg

Ahh, but if your chain is loose, all you need to do is build a chain tensioner that's designed to bolt directly onto the SickBikeParts shift kit ;-)

THERE ARE PROS AND CONS WITH USING A DIFFERENT MOTOR.
ONE CON WOULD BE THINGS DESIGNED FOR THE CHINESE MOTORS DONT ALWAYS WORK FOR MY BIKE SETUP.

But I love that I have an oil resivour I dont have to mix my gas at gas stations, not to mention 2 speed motor,

But I am jelous of your front crank derailer setup with 3 front gears.

Im still on the market for a gastank instead of using my stainless water bottle.

was thinking of ordereding
$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iLF8BRYi1FBbl!~~60_57.jpg

make tank out of tubing
and run it length of top bar with gas nozzle on bottom by seat.
!BTPiLHQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl5Pu2BKHZP2LmS!~~_12.JPG

Last edited:
Back