51 Pacemaker rear belt

jbcruisin

Local time
4:39 AM
I got my 51 Pacemaker drive train all set up. Belts adjusted. I put on my pedal chain & it's too long. My engine is already all the way back so I can't move my rear wheel back to tighten the chain. I took the rear belt off & took it to the belt place where I get my belts. They measured it & said it's the correct length. It's an AX 62. I bought an AX 63. I figure I can move my engine front if I have to since the belt is longer. I will also be able to move the rear wheel back to tighten the pedal chain. The place I go to sells bearings, belts, chains & pulleys & sprockets. The guy said to put a 1/2 link in the chain. I told him I have a skip tooth chain. I was surprised that he didn't know what a skip tooth chain was. I'll let you know how the belt works out.

The AX63 belt does the trick. Everything adjusts right. The rear fender was slightly against the lower part of the rear belt. I took the fender off & slotted it about 1/8 " & now it clears. It's weird because that's the original fender that came with the bike.

Back