53cc HS 10G shifter on a GT2a-150 gas tank frame

For reference this newest custom customer build is based on my Dream Machine customer build.
http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=927

Except I have full 'creative control' of how I want it ;-}

First off it won't be black, I am sick of black and 'stealth', it's going to be some sort of Red/Black, but I get ahead of myself.

For those that are unaware of the parts the link above will give you some insight.

The newest real Skyhawk gas tank frames I helped design is the GT2A-150 that will take 26" 3" wide tires and has a rear disc brake mount.

The 4-stroke engines are the elusive HS 144F-1G 53cc 4-stroke, the 142F's 49cc big brother.

The transfer case is a modified Skyhawk 4G that has a belt drive reduction of 5:1 using a 100T freewheel output, which I replace with longer output shaft to make it a KCK 10G Long Shaft for direct right side output for a right side geared drive.

This old version base was steel that clamped to the frame.
The newest version is a thick flat aluminum plate welded right to the frame.

NewBase1.jpg

Most of the other parts like the 26x3"wheels, fenders, seat, disc brakes, and handlebars are from a Fito Modena.

NewBase2.jpg

The front forks however will be disc brake ready Suncore shocks, and the rear 7-speed hub replaced with a SA disc ready internal 3-speed.

This build may very well become my new crown jewel build so I thought I would share as it comes along.
Wish me luck ;-}

Ahh man that looks sweet! Wonder what's wrong with the powerplant? Check everything and call me in the morning lol. Nice bike anyway I'm sure you'll get her right. What's the price tag look like on one of those? Serious inquiry BTW...
Thanks Chevy.
Oh ya, I will figure out the performance problem, nothing leaves my shop until it's prefect no matter how long it takes.
That one is a beauty for sure.
~$1500 depending on what you want on one as I have options galore.

I will even have kits available later this year because, well, I nailed it man!
This system rocks already, and with a couple factory side improvements in the works this year, well, suffice it to say, I will be around awhile ;-}

KC,
Another creation of beauty! Nice job. Where did you get the fenders? Looking for the same in black as well.
Mike

KC,
Another creation of beauty! Nice job. Where did you get the fenders? Looking for the same in black as well.
Mike
Thanks Mike.
I strip a new Fito Modena GT for the parts.
http://www.bikebuyers.com/fito-modena-gt-alloy-7sp-men.htm
$350 delivered.

Not the most practical way to build from a bare frame though.
I don't use the frame, BB, or 7-speed, and usually not the front fork though I did on this one, for a set of disc brake wheels, fenders, seat, handlebars with cool leather grips levers and cables with headset isn't bad for the price.

What frame are you using?
I have to get creative to mount the rear Fito fender on the GT2.

Skyhawk. Let me know if ya ever have an extra set your not using. I love those.

Mike
You can make your own from a regular fender.
That fear fender just has sheet metal sides pop riveted on the edge of a regular fender.

I got more engines in so we just swapped a new one in so I could call it done.
What a difference!
It has it's umph now and man what a ball to ride.

We only got a little test riding in before dark yesterday so I let my helper ride it home last night.
We both have a new favorite build now and that is really saying something ;-}

Swapped out the other exhaust for a different one and of course it needs a little help as well. Had to shave a little off 2 fins on my head. Different (taller ) head and also drill out the actual holes on the pipe a little as they would accept the exhaust studs. You would think if you payed $80.00 for a pipe that the mounting flange would be right. Oh well! I would fall over if something actually fit without modification. Lol
Finish when I get home.

Ummm, Neufcuz, what does your 2-stroke build exhaust issues have to do with my 4-stroke build topic?
You asked about the rear fender, I told you could make your own.
This is how they make them.
They take a common short bobbed fender and rivet skirts to the sides.

RedGT2fender.jpg

To make it secure on this frame I had to use offsets which actually work better than stock mounts.

I used the holes left on the back from the stock mount hardware to fashion a cool little mount for a nifty little 3 mode back light mount.

The customer now wants lights, speedo and back rack, and going to drive from Texas to pick it up.
Go figure, I already scheduled and paid for shipping to him.
No biggie, I wanted a speedo on it anyway and already have a light and tach/hour meter on it.

A back rack is going to be tricky though...
No frame mounts for one, and not much room.
Going to have to get creative again.

Here are a couple pics of what I thought was 'done'.

2_RedGT2doneL.jpg

2_RedGT2doneR.jpg

Hard to tell now what it will look like next but fun none the less, we already have 25 hours of test ride miles on it ;-}

Id like to ask about the brakes. What model and brand name are you using on this build, and why did you choose these brakes. Are they mechanical or hydraulic?

Back