6.5HP Bicycle Pusher Trailer

...By what they mention, they get about 35-40mph even from a small engine
Uhhh, , , , -lawnmower engines aren't all that small.
A 3.5hp mower engine usually is around 150cc's, and getting 40 mph from it isn't surprising when a 35cc 4-stroke can get you almost to 30 mph.

----

I'd think that you should be able to find go-kart/mini-bike axles and wheels pretty cheap online, to replace the failing hand truck parts.
~

ZnsaneRyder,you just made my night.

That is way cool and without a welder yet.

"But officer. I'm just hauling this engine!"

"carry on then"

Hahahahaha!!!

Rebuilt the axle mounting, it rolls again!

Here's some recent pics. I changed out the wheels, and had to re-drill the hole for the pulley key. I changed to a spring-tensioner to keep the belt tight.

I have to drive this on the road only, it's too fast and bouncy for a bumpy dirt road, and has lots of torque to break stuff, so I just pedal on the dirt road, and use the engine on the hard road.

I drove it everywhere, didn't even use more than 1/3 tank, and a guy that liked it even filled it with some free gas! I had to change a bolt on the hitch part to grade 8 (in pic) but after that it's driving great. I'm still using my brother's old bike because my bike is broken at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_1368MB.JPG
    IMG_1368MB.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,347
  • IMG_1372MB.JPG
    IMG_1372MB.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_1377MB.JPG
    IMG_1377MB.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_1380MB.JPG
    IMG_1380MB.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,423
  • IMG_1382MB.JPG
    IMG_1382MB.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 707
more pics

more pics to show the axle mounting and way it mounts to the bike and other pics

Attachments

• IMG_1359MB2.JPG
    IMG_1359MB2.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_1361MB2.JPG
    IMG_1361MB2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_1362MB2.JPG
    IMG_1362MB2.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_1369MB2.JPG
    IMG_1369MB2.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_1375MB2.JPG
    IMG_1375MB2.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 682
you really need to stiffen up your rig there. that dolly is all over the road. soon that dolley handle will snap off or you will take a curve too fast. overconfidence is a big killer in young bucks like yourself.
I know your young and stupid but we all got to live and learn.

btw i am double the listed age.

I noticed after adding WD-40 to the clutch, it had more variation and was easier to drive. Also with WD-40 the clutch was quieter and disengages (idles) better. It gets a little hot, but the clutch is holding up so far.

you really need to stiffen up your rig there. that dolly is all over the road. soon that dolley handle will snap off or you will take a curve too fast. overconfidence is a big killer in young bucks like yourself.
I know your young and stupid but we all got to live and learn.

btw i am double the listed age.

Thanks for your input.
I replaced the bolt, and plan on adding several more to keep it on there. The steel tube is strong and stiff, and doesn't flex, and is holding very well, and it handles good on curves, just lean the bike and the tires stay on the road. It's NOT all over the road, trust me, it follows behind quiet nicely in fact. I usually accelerate on straights and throttle down and slow down for curves anyway, because I know better, after all it is still a bicycle.

And age is just a number, it means very little to me, and whether we are young or old doesn't matter, I just want to have fun regardless of my age. If I could, I would have built it years ago as a kid to have fun, and I always wanted a go kart, so this was the next best thing, and much faster too.

Top speed is fun, but I drive it mostly on half throttle or less, it's plenty fast.

Later on, I was driving with a truck, and they shouted out the window, "Hey, you're doing 50" :D :devilish:

Last edited:
I forgot to mention.......

I removed the 6.5HP and engine information (196cc) stickers from the engine, so there's no numbers to indicate the power.

I did drive by a few cops, I slowed down and pedaled, and they ignored me. So far, so good.

Old Axle mount (that bent)
New Axle Mount (holds up now)

Attachments

• OldAxleMount.JPG
    OldAxleMount.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 645
  • NewAxleMount.JPG
    NewAxleMount.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 686
Back