600 watt Fat tire chopper build.

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles' started by graucho, Aug 8, 2010.

1. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi my bicycle friends. I've been lurking in the wings for a year. Been busy teaching the youngsters in my area how to build bikes.
    I've been asked to post this build, so... this ride... it's finally done. I have about 30 miles with no problems. Because of
    the weight I only get 10.5 miles @ 15 mph out of the batteries. This is OK since 10 miles through the neighborhoods
    is plenty. My hind end also confirms this.
    This was a confusing but exciting project. Lots of angles, full suspension, electric, wiring and cables through the tubes,
    special chain clearances, jackshaft alignments, beefed up front springer modifications specialized painting etc etc.

I had 35 photo's to post so I decided to make a video. I posted 6 photo's for a taste. The video includes all 35 photo's,
    plus action with it rolling up and down the block. Now that the build is done I'll be collecting my information about the
    paint job and reporting at a later date. I've enjoyed reading your thousands of posts and following all of your builds.
    It's amazing the level of expertise everyone has developed in such a short while. I appreciate all of your knowledge. graucho

VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owl8Je2uN8o

[​IMG]

Horse gussets
    [​IMG]

Dual rear suspension.
    [​IMG]

Teardrop mirror / cabling through the frame.
    [​IMG]

Custom SS rim
    [​IMG]

Disk brake, custom license plate, custom aluminum axle caps.
    [​IMG]

More photos and ride sample on the video above.

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Beautiful!! (as always):tt1:

i've been watching this over at AZ. :detective:

Thanks for sharing!!

3. professor

professor Active Member

Very creative. Show machine fo' schure.

4. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

To this latest build I must now submit my true feelings for what you have done.........:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

5. graucho

graucho Active Member

Thanks for the support guys! I tip my hat to you.

6. beast775

beast775 Guest

holy smokes man,thats incredible.

7. Garp

Garp Member

Wow, I've never seen anything like this. I love it!

8. JunkyardDog

JunkyardDog Active Member

Absolutely gorgeous. Hard to imagine all the time, work, and thought that went into building that. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to put a big wide cruiser seat on it. No way would I be able to ride that 10 miles with that tiny little seat. Jerry.

9. tom1850

tom1850 Member

very clean. Nicely done.