$65 expansion muffler

crowvise

Local time
10:08 AM
Is this model louder, quieter, or the same decibel level compared to stock? If so, by how much? How much more speed? What exactly are the operational principles of how it affects engine performance? Oh, and if anyone has an end cap for a stock muffler or a stock muffler they don't need i am willing to be a charity case.

Last edited:
???
i thought that the smb is a muffler. So the stock muffler goes inside it? What is the most quiet one no the market? Is there a performance tradeoff for lower decibels?

Unless I am totally misunderstanding you, there is the expansion chamber portion of the exhaust system which improves performance, and then there is the muffler, which keeps your neighbors happy.
A good flowing muffler will not negatively affect performance. A restrictive muffler will.

Referring to the wiki link, the muffler would attach to the stinger part of the exhaust.

Do you have a link to this $65 exhaust?

I have a SBP expansion exhaust comming late this week, or early next week. Can give you more details then. :)

Unless I am totally misunderstanding you, there is the expansion chamber portion of the exhaust system which improves performance, and then there is the muffler, which keeps your neighbors happy.
A good flowing muffler will not negatively affect performance. A restrictive muffler will.

Referring to the wiki link, the muffler would attach to the stinger part of the exhaust.

Do you have a link to this $65 exhaust?

I thought the entire exhaust is the muffler. I told you I don't know :poop: about engines. It is difficult for me to articulate correctly on a subject that is new to me. Sorry. And thank you. Once again your link is phenomenal.
Pirate cycles and sickbikeparts have it. The SBP expansion kit that Schwinn-Locura is about to procure-a.

Hey Schwin-Locura I also look foreward to hearing from you after you install yours.

I thought the entire exhaust is the muffler. I told you I don't know :poop: about engines. It is difficult for me to articulate correctly on a subject that is new to me. Sorry. And thank you. Once again your link is phenomenal.
Pirate cycles and sickbikeparts have it. The SBP expansion kit that Schwinn-Locura is about to procure-a.

Hey Schwin-Locura I also look foreward to hearing from you after you install yours.

Do not be sorry! Once upon a time I did not know anything about engines or bicycles either.
They are fun to learn! :)

Do not be sorry! Once upon a time I did not know anything about engines or bicycles either.
They are fun to learn! :)

I don't know much about bicycle engines either, mostly just applying what I know from other things I built.

I saw a post where a member replaced the missing end piece of his stock exhaust with the end of an aluminum can. He cut one hole for the bolt that holds it in place and a second hole for the exhaust to escape.

Back