66cc engine tear down, setting it for high performance setup

Hey dave I was thinking the same with the aluminum crank weights. The newer motors crank weights are held on by 3 philips head screws. I think i might try taking them off and drilling some hole in the back side of the weights.If i go as far as having weits made I might as well have the crank case's milled aswell i guess.

Be real careful messing with the counterweight. Take off weight in the wrong place and all you will have is a vibrator that shakes itself apart(worse than they do now). To lighten you need to remove the same weight from every hole 180 degrees apart. If you can't drill at 180 from eachother then don't drill at all.

Try to search as much as you can about balancing. It's the single biggest thing you have to worry about when messing with the crank. I've talked to a few machinests. They seem to not understand why I don't want to pay $75 to balance a $11 part...

Hey guys, more quality parts? Go for them:

PICT0293.jpg

High quality oil seals, double lip (original only have one

Can you point me to where I can buy the SKF rod bearings?
Unless you also replaced the lower rod bearing with a high quality one then I wouldn't go higher than 140psi combustion pressure.
I used to think that all the high rpm vibration was from the imbalanced crank until I installed my motorcycle CDI and half the vibration went away. That means the timing is also causing some vibration.

I bought here in Portugal, in a store dedicated to roller bearings and seals.

Its only the roller bearings that connects piston to rod, because i cant disassembly the rod out of crankshaft.

Piston notching, and a little port work is the most important part. Don't go to crazy though, or you might not have any low end power.

Also look at the inside of the intake manifold. Mine had some casting flaws.

Moar? Here we go:

Crankcase polished (not mirror finish because of hard work location, but its pretty smooth :) )

PICT0142.jpg

The engine is already mounted. Im going to polish the head, and mount the clutch part and magneto,

Some photos soon.

Cant wait to put this little beast in the road

Back