66cc porting

Amberly Spellend

Local time
10:01 AM
i just got my engine to today and all ready have it striped down anyways i have shaved the head to the fin and bump it up by 1.7 points

anyways as far as porting

i want to port for more power low end power so would that mean i would want to make them a bit wider and not thouch the port timming :-/

I could be wrong here and i'm sure someone will correct me if i am. Porting increases midrange and topend not bottom. Shaving the head will get you your increased bottom or torque. You have already done that though. Go ahead and port if you want to. It's always a good idea to at least port match if you can.

Last edited:
Port matching is making sure the intake ports open at the same time. they are the two ports on the side of the cylinder. if you can get a side on a circle. If you can get the kx65 pipe to fit give it a shot i'm not sure what it would do, but why not? There is a lot to be done to these engines, but the thing i would do first and foremost is replace the bearings and seals with better quality ones. you can either order them online or take them in to a local bearing and seal shop. They can match them up with better quality one's.

these are things you can do for better low end power:
change the transfer ports so that the fuel/air is directed more towards the rear of the cylinder.
Use my formulas to determine if the ports need to be widened or changed in their height.
Lower the head for more compression (or shave metal off the bottom of the cylinder).
Buy a good carburetor that will atomize the fuel better for better combustion.
Buy the CDI/coil from JNMotors and throw the stock junk far far away.
Pipes; best is the torque pipe I make. Second best is any other pipe as long as you experiment until you find the optimal distance from the motor for best low end power and best top end speed.

would you say it would be a good idea to raise the ex port and lower the in port for long distance riding ?

Hello! Before you start trying to tune your engine. build your bike, run with the original engine. when you get tired of it, try to read everything you can about the two stroke tuning. As you ask quite elimentära questions so I assume you have no more knowledge in this area, my advice run the original engine and have fun

im building an all around bike that will hopefuly do 50mph and ride at 20mph at vary low rpm and not make a racket

but im gong to do this in one shot so i want to do this right

so for porting

what dose widing the ports do ?

Last edited:
Back