70cc gas scooter pocket bike parts boost bottle

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by dave1490, May 25, 2007.

1. dave1490

dave1490 Guest

has anyone tryed these,and do they work?i have read mixed reviews on this.any idea,s thanks

2. dave1490

dave1490 Guest

3. OldPete

OldPete Guest

I'd pass on it. Read the first review..."Holy crap it works!!" :razz:

Do a Google on it and read what's out there.
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

just a heads up for all the new people we have coming in...if you're an ebay'er, using the ebay searchbox (at the top of our site) once a month means MBc gets a few cents if you buy anything during the next 30 days.

ebay item number: 320117197993

tom uses the money from that and the google ads to pay for the MotoredBikes.com tank stickers & postage. if you haven't yet, email http://motoredbikes.com/misc/contact with your username & mailing addy, and get some MBc stickers on that motoredbike today 8)

dave1490, wavygravy was just telling me how the thing works (he's a pocketbike nut)...i think it may have some benefit, not as much as a reed, but some. maybe it won't work without a reed. i'm sure wavy'll have something to say when he sees the topic.
  5. philcred

philcred Guest

boost bottle

i ordered mine 3 weeks ago but its got to travel to liverpool in the uk.
    i have also orderd a better carb to go with it. if i can not reach 50mph i will have to port the engine and stuff the crank, fit a reed valve and am done.
    with a bit of hope.
    what is the fasted speed GPS for one of these engines. mine is 41 mph.
    need more.
  6. OldPete

OldPete Guest

You're mad philcred and it's GMT-8 here in the PST zone. Are those the pints talking? :grin:

I have stuffed racing outboard engines with cork...even the underside of the piston head above the wristpin boss.

Best of luck on hitting the metric ton-up of 100 klicks (62mph).

Long live the Ace Cafe, The59Club and the ton up Rockers. :cool:
  7. thatsdax

thatsdax Guest

Boost bottle sounds cool

I have a tunable expansion chamber for a 2 stroke. I am sure you can do the same for the intake. I have hit 38mph flat out. I have hit over 40 going down a hill. That is with a 36T and a stock motor. plenty fast for me on a bicycle. Enjoy the ride....
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: boost bottle

I got one up to 124 mph, I dropped it off the side of the parking garage.
  9. philcred

philcred Guest

reed valve and carb

i have fitted everything i intended to do but having problem reaching my 50 mph.
    i have tuning problems the head needs to be ported to make the reed more efficient.
    it sounds like you dont believe the speed of my bike.
    i will soon post a video with all the proof you need .
    i can peek at 46mph at the moment, i have hit 50+ down hill and to make things more unbelievable for you i do a spot of training and weigh a tad over 16 stone as you will see very soon.
  10. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

philcred , I've gotten mine upto 43-44mph before on level ground and thats with little mods
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

No one ever said they didn't believe you, calm down.

I weigh in at 21 stone and I don't do any training.

You can make your bike go any speed you want, just be ready to pick up the pieces, as I guarantee it will frag very soon.
  12. philcred

philcred Guest

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL LOL LOL :grin: :grin:
    sorry about that.

theres nothing more annoying :x than someone telling you or insinuating that your a liar.
    look at the mods i have done.
    i am running a 32 tooth sprocket , it hits 40 mph with ease.
    i must admit hitting 50 mph is a problem as the gearing is a tad high for the power the engine is producing at the moment.
    i need aprox 1-2 more hp and i am happy, but the only way is to start messing with the engine its self.
    i wonder if people know there is a bhp diffrence between 39cc and 70cc

thanks for backing me up. :D :grin: :) :smile:
  13. philcred

philcred Guest

your right

Yes your right I will probably hold the honors for the shortest living engine, its just finishing its first tank and when I fitted the reed valve I could see the piston , signs of wear already.
    I know I know but I am impatient and looking forward to fitting a Japanese piston. LoL.
  14. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

Phil why not use a larger engine? Say like a Kawasaki or something like that? There is plenty of 100-120cc engines that will hit the HP you want.

140129141127 ebay# and its 4 cycle :)
  15. philcred

philcred Guest

i see your point

Ok you got me there.
    I have built everything from motor bike powered kit cars , go karts and a jet engined powered van.
    I do get a little carried away.
    All my projects run into thousands of pounds and then I get bored or move on to something else.
    Like now I have 100s of ideas of what to do next.
    This project was just a bit of fun as I bought the mountain bike 3 years ago and it was going to waste to I thought I will fit a engine to it as the kits are so cheap.
  16. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

hey philcred , try this motor

or this one...my fav
  17. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

how much are those loco? :shock: :shock:
  18. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

they range from 400. to 1300. 8)
    the one I love is
    MANIFOLD. and its 415.00