73 Schwinn Cruiser

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by autobo7, Apr 12, 2008.

1. autobo7

autobo7 Member

This is my second bike but first engine. I put a 70cc NT kits on my road bike for a couple of weeks but i saw this beauty at a yard sale and I thought it would be perfic(and i would have use of my excersie bike again) Its a 73 Schwinn Suburban

Attached Files:

2. I bet that engine install was effortless.
    Sometimes I wonder if the Happy Time was designed for such a bike.
    It looks very nice.
    That 36 tooth sprocket and those skinny tires,how fast?

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

A really good looking bike. Nice job.

4. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

I have a suburban with a motor too... Worst possible bike for this application in my opinion.

5. autobo7

autobo7 Member

I've only pushed it to 27 because the motor is breaking in but i still have some throtle to give

6. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

there is a larger tire available, 1 3/8 knobby type. I'd really suggest that. I put it on my motoschwinn and I stopped blowing tires right and left.

7. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

Oh another hint for the Suburban, get the mountain bike brake pads.... I've got 2500 miles on my 73 Suburban and have a bit of experience with this bike.

8. autobo7

autobo7 Member

thanks for the tips,
    I wasn't sure what my tire options were for this bike, a friend had said they would be hard to find, bigger tires would really help with road vibration.
    and better brakes are also a must these pads just don't have the stopping power I need at these speeds

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015