(80/66cc) just bought a motorized bicycle.

zoomingbuddah

Local time
10:45 PM
I recently bought a motorized bicycle ive been enjoying it so far however i have had some problems already.
The tube ends(2 and 4) have came off and spilled alot of gasoline. which could have been a big problem if it went unnoticed. When i was first trying to get it going i had to mess with the fuel thing (3) to get it going, even though i didnt know what i was doing since the writing was in chinese.

So i have two questions. Is there anything i can buy to make the tube ends(1,2,4) more secure so they wont come off?
2nd. how exactly do i use the fuel thingy(3)? what position is it currently in?
resized motorized bicycle number n arrows.jpg
Thanks for any info.

Your fuel thing or petcock is in the open position. When the lever is inline with the tube it is flowing and when its at a right angle to the tube it is off. For the fuel line issue you are having, you can get fuel line clamps. What I do though is run 3/16" inner diameter tube rather than 1/4" for a tighter fit. I also use little fuel line clamps for added security.

your petcock lever (3) is in the on position (aligned with the flow), one should always keep it in the off position (perpendicular to the flow) whenever the motor isn't ready for starting

the fuel line there at the filter (2, 4) can easily be tightened with a small hose clamp - the fuel inlet on carb (1) is a tight space and often only some safety wire wrapped around it will fit in there

buy a lawn mower foam filter and make it work. Without a filter the engine will breath in dust which will wear down the engine bearings and groove the cylinder.
use small zip ties on the fuel lines.

@HelloMoto! Yeah that's what I thought when I bought it but it was my 1st motorized bike so I didn't know better.
Thanks for the air filter tip, It always looked like something was supposed to go there lol

@HelloMoto! @crassius so when I'm not using it leave the petcock lever perpendicular to the tube and when I'm going to use it align it with the flow? Would I leave it perpendicular when I just ride it as a regular bicycle?

Thanks for the hose clamp suggestion gonna head out and pick some up

Last edited:
so when I'm not using it leave the petcock lever perpendicular to the tube and when I'm going to use it align it with the flow? Would I leave it perpendicular when I just ride it as a regular bicycle?

Correct. Anytime you're not using the engine leave it perpendicular or at a right angle. That is the off position.

@HelloMoto! Alright Thanks for clearin that up for me

@jaguar how exactly would I go about installing it specifically? Because it didn't come with thecap
Would I just buy a foam filter and use two zip ties to hold it against the carburetor? Or what?

Back