9.2 mile commute now

unior

Local time
6:46 AM
Just wondering who commutes regularly by motorbike this far? I am running a huasheng/bmp kit. Kevlar tire, front suspesions, seat post suspension, slime thick tube. It's about a 25 minute ride and it's about all I can handle! I have no license so this is my sole form of transportation. Who out there rides farther daily?

The reliability thing scares me. My carb has a tendency to clog at the worst moments. Which requires some dissasembly and carb cleaner blasts.

Last Wednesday, 28 July I took the "Mad Martian" to work. A round trip of 80 miles. I plan on taking it again a couple of times next week. I really need a more comfortable saddle to make that commute a regular thing.

Attachments

• MOPED SMALL 4.jpg
    MOPED SMALL 4.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 470
I currently ride 9.8 miles one way to work 2 times a day for a total of almost 40 miles. The bike is a Magna, and mainly on dirt roads. As soon as I get a day off, I'm moving,(sucks, had the key to the place for 4 days now and just have no time or energy to move into my new place) making the 1 way commute 16.8 miles. Had the same problem with the seat, and was complaining to my buddy about it. He works nights at Chrysler and told me he had a seat for me. Came by after work the next day with a comfy one for me. Just couldnt figure out why it was in his lunchbox.... Anyways, it says on it "workmen cycles". maybe you could find it on the net. Comparable to the schwinn seat they sell at Meijers for $25, but IMO much more comfy! Hope this helps.

Mike

eh i ride from one end of seattle to the other um 20-40 miles me and the rest of the club stop for a beer or coffe every couple of miles on ride days. I dont realy notice how comfortable i am. try to get from point a to b as fast as possible less time riding on a bad seat i guess.

Back